DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have RG6 cable to all rooms that feed to a hookup box with splitter in my garage. There is also an outside RG6 cable that runs to the hookup box. I want to install a 622 in my HT and a 211 in my bedroom but be able to move the 211 to other rooms. Can the Dish signal be feed from the dish LNB antenna through my cable system to all the cable jacks in the house so the 211 could be hooked to any cable jack?

·
AllStar
57 Posts
William said:
I have RG6 cable to all rooms that feed to a hookup box with splitter in my garage. There is also an outside RG6 cable that runs to the hookup box. I want to install a 622 in my HT and a 211 in my bedroom but be able to move the 211 to other rooms. Can the Dish signal be feed from the dish LNB antenna through my cable system to all the cable jacks in the house so the 211 could be hooked to any cable jack?
Don't quote me but;
I think you will need 2 cables from the dish to your hookup box.
1 cable from the dish feeding the hookup box and on out the cable going to your HT?
1 cable from the dish feeding the hookup box and split in the hookup box to feed the cables going to the other locations.

·
Legend
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Having just hooked up my mom/dad's 622 I remember it only having one RG6 cable with a splitter that I believe hooked to Sat input and RF output on the 622. The 2ed TV is hooked to the cable jack and receives the signal as a RF Ch 21. So I believe that the same cable is feeding the 622 with all sat channels and then back feeding a TV in the bedroom. Does this sound possible or right because I'm 99.9% sure there was only one RG6 cable to the 622.

·
AllStar
57 Posts
William said:
Having just hooked up my mom/dad's 622 I remember it only having one RG6 cable with a splitter that I believe hooked to Sat input and RF output on the 622. The 2ed TV is hooked to the cable jack and receives the signal as a RF Ch 21. So I believe that the same cable is feeding the 622 with all sat channels and then back feeding a TV in the bedroom. Does this sound possible or right because I'm 99.9% sure there was only one RG6 cable to the 622.
That is correct. One cable to the 622/625 or any other dual tuner with the splitter.
To feed another( second ) reciever( any kind ) you will need a second cable from the dish to your hookup box. If you just want to feed other TV's then you are good with one cable split out in your hookup box.
Again, this is my opinion but of course I think I'm right.:D

·
Beware the Attack Basset
23,887 Posts
William said:
Can the Dish signal be feed from the dish LNB antenna through my cable system to all the cable jacks in the house so the 211 could be hooked to any cable jack?
Maybe, but consider the following:
  • Because of the the loss inherent in the splitter, you may not get enough signal.
  • Your splitter must pass DC on all legs (this is unusual).
  • You cannot have any other devices hooked into the distribution system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.