DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
8,969 Posts
First, I know NOTHING about the specific antennas you mention, so you'll need to check with the manufacturers for specifics. However, I have some experience with a couple of "on-the-move" sat antennas, and they were all as follows:

- "Legacy" LNB
- one line only
- one LNB only, meaning changing channels that are located on different satellites requires the dish in the dome to move and re-tune.

Assuming this to be true of your antenna, and I strongly suspect that it is, then you won't be able to use any dual-tuner receiver with it. Dish's dual-tuner receivers don't work right unless both tuners are fed a sat signal, and with only one output, none of the mobile setups I've encountered will do that. I'm not aware of any "DishProPlus" models (the kind that feed 2 tuners from a single cable), and doubt any exist, but I've been wrong before.

Bottom line is that, assuming these dishes can receive 129 and/or 61.5 (and being standard DBS birds, there should be no reason why not), you'd be limited to a ViP211 receiver, which is a non-DVR HD receiver.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.