DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
21,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Effective immediately we are changing our business relationship with StarBand......

To insure that your customers can continue to benefit from Internet access over satellite, EchoStar has determined it is best for StarBand to develop a direct relationship with retailers.....

This can no longer be a single antenna installation; installations of the StarBand service must be on a different antenna than the antenna used for DISH Network's video service....

DISH Network will continue to provide technical support for your showroom account and for your customers.

· Hall Of Fame
21,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Updated Information.....
Please note that the updated version, #33A, included corrected and up-to-date information on your ability to continue providing a single antenna installation to StarBand and DISH Network subscribers. Please note that you can and should continue using this single antenna solution.

· Banned
6,970 Posts
Then why did they origional say...

This can no longer be a single antenna installation; installations of the StarBand service must be on a different antenna than the antenna used for DISH Network's video service.... ????

Im confused :)

· Banned
11,498 Posts
I wonder how much longer SBs going to be around. I cant say I never expected this becasue I knew something like this would happen, it was only a matter of time something major would happedn to SB becasue of their lack of subs and revenue.

G

·
Sounds like its pre-merger activity. They certainly can't support both Starband and Directway, especially since Starband (Gilat) is an outside company.

· Banned
11,498 Posts
I dont see why it would

· Hall Of Fame
3,433 Posts
Originally posted by Unregistered
Sounds like its pre-merger activity. They certainly can't support both Starband and Directway, especially since Starband (Gilat) is an outside company.
Dish has to be careful, because until the merger is approved, they legally are not supposed to do anything different as if they were a merged company. When I worked at a company that was going to be bought by GE, we had people in some dive of a office in Singapore and there was a nice GE office across the street and they were not allowed to reside in the building until the merger was approved.

Of course if the actions can be justified under the "Just Echostar" way of doing things, it would not be a problem. Maybe this was going to happen even without a merger???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.