DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Godfather
633 Posts
wyattwd said:
Verizon FiOS sucks! It's not worth the commitment. Verizon said they're not expanding FiOS after they meet their goal. It's likely the FiOS markets will be bought out by a cable co.
That's BS, both in terms of quality and suggesting that FiOS will be bought out.

I'm constantly puzzled by those like you that piss on other options so that you can feel better about your choices. If FiOS isn't for you, that's fine - but keep it real.

·
Godfather
633 Posts
wyattwd said:
I'm not making things up. Verizon is getting into the cable business and said they wouldn't expand FiOS after their goal is reached.

Their customer service is complete and utter BS. They're way too over priced. FiOS is glorified cable. End of story.
How does it matter that Verizon doesn't plan on expanding FiOS anymore if it's already available in the OP's area? It doesn't, that's how.

The article you site only speaks to Verizon buying unused mobile wireless spectrum from cable companies - it doesn't have anything to do with cable TV service.

Verizon's customer service/billing does indeed suck - I can agree with you that much at least. I'm in Frontier territory and have had pretty good luck with their CSRs and billing lately though. :)

Technically, FiOS is cable. I'm okay with that because it's next generation cable and they are the only major provider that does not add compression to their channels.

Overpriced? That depends on what you order. I certainly paid more for DIRECTV or Dish Network plus phone/Internet than I do for the FiOS triple play.

So, you're a FiOS hater. End of story indeed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.