DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
AllStar
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the resolutions I took this January was to reevaluate all my expenses (Mobile, Internet, TV etc). My goal is to save $2500 this year 2012.

I am thinking of dumping DN Top 200 to Verizon FIOS (triple play) but I will need International package from DN (can disconnect Top 200).

Movie Pass 10.00
America's Top 200 59.99
DVR Service 6.00
Protection Plan 6.00
HD 200 Free ($10/Mo) 0.00
HD/SD (2TV) DVR Receiver 17.00
Tamil: Mega 29.99
Starz - 30th Anniv 0.00
Total $ 128.98

1. Can I keep BBMP with only International package?
  2. What will be my monthly charge? Is it a simple 128.98 - 59.99 = 68.99 OR is another hidden fee for not having a Top nnn package?
  3. What is the difference in quality of channels/service between Verizon FIOS and DN?

·
AllStar
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Chatted with DN just now and asked just one question. "I am thinking of ...". She replies back "Yes I have removed the Top 200" :mad::mad::mad:

What the xxx? Can they understand English? She has assured that she has not disconnected/changed my programming.

·
AllStar
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
There is a hidden (not so hidden actually) charge that I forgot to take into account. They charge DVR fees (whole home DVR) which puts it much more costlier for me as I need International channel and Vonage. So FIOS was replacing only my Comcast and Dish US channel list.

Thanks to all those replied.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.