DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
"ssmark" said:
One of the resolutions I took this January was to reevaluate all my expenses (Mobile, Internet, TV etc). My goal is to save $2500 this year 2012.

I am thinking of dumping DN Top 200 to Verizon FIOS (triple play) but I will need International package from DN (can disconnect Top 200).

Movie Pass 10.00
America's Top 200 59.99
DVR Service 6.00
Protection Plan 6.00
HD 200 Free ($10/Mo) 0.00
HD/SD (2TV) DVR Receiver 17.00
Tamil: Mega 29.99
Starz - 30th Anniv 0.00
Total $ 128.98

[*]Can I keep BBMP with only International package?
[*]What will be my monthly charge? Is it a simple 128.98 - 59.99 = 68.99 OR is another hidden fee for not having a Top nnn package?
[*]What is the difference in quality of channels/service between Verizon FIOS and DN?
Verizon FiOS sucks! It's not worth the commitment. Verizon said they're not expanding FiOS after they meet their goal. It's likely the FiOS markets will be bought out by a cable co.

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
"paja" said:
Just out of curiosity, is it the actual service from FIOS that sucks or the pq. A friend of mine was out east not too long ago and got to view FIOS( not available here in IL) and said the pq was outstanding. Much better than either sat service and just a shade less than OTA.
FiOS' PQ was great but it's service was not.

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
"Reaper" said:
That's BS, both in terms of quality and suggesting that FiOS will be bought out.

I'm constantly puzzled by those like you that piss on other options so that you can feel better about your choices. If FiOS isn't for you, that's fine - but keep it real.
"Reaper" said:
That's BS, both in terms of quality and suggesting that FiOS will be bought out.

I'm constantly puzzled by those like you that piss on other options so that you can feel better about your choices. If FiOS isn't for you, that's fine - but keep it real.
I'm not making things up. Verizon is getting into the cable business and said they wouldn't expand FiOS after their goal is reached.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/25/opinion/sunday/verizons-worrisome-cable-deals.html

Their customer service is complete and utter BS. They're way too over priced. FiOS is glorified cable. End of story.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.