DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scheduled my new Dish 611 installation this morning for 8-12. Nobody shows up. No one calls.

At 1pm I call Dish they say sorry but it will be after 4 pm. They claim they called me which was not true as I had all 3 phones with me all day and they all have caller id & voice mail. Nobody called. That frosted the cake.

I canceled Dish. I will stay with DirecTV for now. They aren't perfect but they didn't start out on day 1 by not showing up.

Its a shame because the 622 is an appealing unit technically but if the customer service starts out that bad I will have to stick with D* and try the HR20-700 or Brighthouse and a Tivo S3.:(

·
Mentor
42 Posts
I had a similar problem.

I was scheduled for a week day installation in the morning and got a call around 10 am from Dishnetwork stating that they did not have the equipment needed to do my install. No more 622's Well that really chapped my butt since I had arranged to be home from work for the day.

I rescheduled for a week or so later on a Saturday so I would not have to take another day off and the installer showed right on time. He did a great install and I am glad I stuck with dishnetwork.

I think they have the right idea by offering Dishnetwork employee installations. My installer told me he was paid by the hour, not the job. He loved it because he said he has the time to devote what is needed to "get the job done right" instead of cutting corners just to get to the next job.

And, you are exactly right, THE 622 IS AN AWESOME BOX!

JAB

·
Icon
1,029 Posts
For my 8-12 622 upgrade install, they arrived right around noon. A senior guy and a guy that was being trained. They were both Dish employees. They had a number of issues to work through including pulling some new lines under the house. From my perspective they were great. There were a couple decision points and we discussed them and agreed on the best way to proceed. I asked them how many installs they had scheduled for the day and it was interesting as the guys scheduled for late in the day pretty much at the mercy of the previous installs. They have a standard time budget for a particular install or repair but if it takes longer they pretty much are stuck until the job is completed. The first guy on the list gets his job started at 8 AM but everyone else is dependent on the people in front of them. I think this is pretty much the same whether it is a Sat install, a telephone install or an appliance delivery from Sears. It is unfortunate that you cancelled. The 622 really is a great box and I think Dish has some of the best HD programming. I always felt Direct had a big advantage over Dish with the NFL ticket but now that the NFL has put so many of its games out there on other networks and on days other than Sunday, there is plenty of football for me to watch every week.

..Doyle

·
AllStar
53 Posts
sthor said:
Scheduled my new Dish 611 installation this morning for 8-12. Nobody shows up. No one calls.

At 1pm I call Dish they say sorry but it will be after 4 pm. They claim they called me which was not true as I had all 3 phones with me all day and they all have caller id & voice mail. Nobody called. That frosted the cake.

I canceled Dish. I will stay with DirecTV for now. They aren't perfect but they didn't start out on day 1 by not showing up.

Its a shame because the 622 is an appealing unit technically but if the customer service starts out that bad I will have to stick with D* and try the HR20-700 or Brighthouse and a Tivo S3.:(
Trust me, you're better off with D*. The Sd PQ on Dish CANNOT compare to D*.

I admit I like the 622 for the most part except storage capacity may not be as advertised (awaiting new 622 swap--surprise, surprise, Dish said tech would have one today but there was NO notation on the order--after two calls by me to Dish re: this problem).

Of course, my comparison of SD PQ is based on D*s OLD tech HIRD box vs. Dish's NEW tech 622. Apparently technology is devolving???

Anyway, I don't even watch SD stuff now except SciFi channel on Friday night. This is all on my 60" HDTV, by the way. And, yes, I stretch Sd same as I did on D*--no comparison.

PS

Dish promised to show three times before they finally showed on the fourth day.

·
Legend
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I gave E* another chance. Didn't look to good for awhile today but theinstaller finally arrived about 5:00 pm. After some discussion about how to incorporate my outside OTA antenna he began installing and finished about 9:30.

He did a great job and I am extremely pleased with my 622 & 322 so far. Had to install two dishes to pickup all 3 satellites. The side of my house looks like an antenna farm now with 2 Dish 500's and my Antennacraft HDX1000 which sort of looks like a dish. PQ is very good and and the OTA dish for OTA HD locals (Orlando Market Area, no Dish HD locals) are outstanding.

Glad I tried again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.