DISH Recognized By CIO Magazine as CIO 100 Company
ENGLEWOOD, CO -- (Marketwire) -- 08/01/12 --
- Acknowledged for completing large-scale billing system conversion
- IT conversion includes interactive voice response telephone, workforce management systems
- Largest IT project in company history
DISH (NASDAQ: DISH), a leading pay-TV provider, was recognized by IDG's CIO magazine
for undertaking a massive overhaul of its billing system and related technologies. CIO magazine's 25th annual award program recognizes organizations around the world that exemplify the highest level of operational and strategic excellence in IT.
Over a two-year project, DISH converted major information technology systems, including its:
- customer billing and payment system -- handles monthly bills for 14 million subscribers;
- interactive voice response (IVR) telephone system -- streamlines millions of customer calls per month; and
- workforce management system -- efficiently assigns and manages thousands of in-home service jobs completed per day by DISH's field technicians nationwide.
"For us to have completed such a large project so smoothly makes this arguably the most successful conversion of its kind," said Mike McClaskey, chief information officer at DISH. "This sets the foundation for DISH to implement the technology systems needed to handle new businesses in the future."
The recipients of this year's CIO 100 award were reviewed and selected based on applicants' unique practices and scale of results by a group of 36 judges who are editors, former CIOs and IT consultants.
"For 25 years now, the CIO 100 awards have honored the innovative use of technology to deliver genuine business value," said Maryfran Johnson, editor in chief of CIO magazine and events. "Our 2012 winners are an outstanding example of the transformative power of IT to drive everything from revenue growth to competitive advantage."
Complete coverage of the 2012 CIO 100 awards is available online at www.cio.com
and in the August 1 issue of CIO magazine.
Executives from the winning companies will be recognized at the CIO 100 Symposium & Awards Ceremony
, to be held Tuesday, Aug. 21, at the Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif.