DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I'm new here in this forum and have a couple of questions.
I presently have an 18 in. dish with a Sony Sat B-65 receiver which is hooked through a Tivo Series 2 which then goes through a Pioneer XV-DV55 AV Receiver/DVD Player/Surround Sound which finally terminates into a Panonsic 47wx51 HDTV. At present I don't have a Hdtv Receiver but want to purchase the Panasonic TUHDS20 and I have been told that I will have to change the dish also, is this correct ? Also if I just change the dish and I don't purchase the TUHDS20 will I get more channels. I really want to purchase the TUHDS20 , But how will that work with my surround system. And I am thinking that I will have to keep the B-65 for the usage of the Tivo and use the TUHDS20 for the HDTV content Thanks Hope this makes sense..

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
:hi: Hi Tim and welcome to DBSTalk

For HD you have two options: 1) add a second dish for 119, or 2) replace your current dish with a 24" eliptical dish that can see both 101 and 119. By having access to 119 youll get a few more channels, Nasa TV, RFD TV, BTU TV and some more PI channels. But as soon as you get an HS STB youll have acess to HD Net which will be worth the extra $$$ for the dish an STB.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.