DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mentor
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning we all of the sudden have no picture from our Dish Network 522 DVR, nothing. Here is the situation:

This morning a screen came on that said press setup (this is normal), but pressing setup did nothing and the DVR was not powered on so I then unplugged it and plugged it back in and the green light comes on and stays on but we get no picture at all, just snow. The remote will not turn the DVR off nor will the other remote that we have...the green light stays on and nothing works.

We have another receiver in another room and that is working fine, no issues.

The soonest appt is not until Monday, any ideas on how I can get this working again myself?

Thanks.

·
Mentor
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dishtsr3tech said:
First, what tv is getting the snowy screen, tv1 or tv2? Second, what channel is the tv on? When you have that please post it and i will try to help you from there.
The DVR is only connected to one TV. Our other TV has it's own receiver.

The channel is on 3, like it always is. I've tried all channels, inputs, rebooting and powering down the DVR, all with no luck.

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Try connecting the rec to another tv and seeing if you get the same problem also try using a different connection, for example if you are using coax cable try using rca cable and vice versa. If connecting rca connections the input on your tv should be set to video-1. Also if you have a vcr or dvd player hook that up to see if you can get video from that. If you are able to get video then it is the dish network rec and honestly getting a service guy out wont fix the problem. Call dish network and they need to ra the unit. Ask for advance tech.

·
Mentor
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dishtsr3tech said:
Try connecting the rec to another tv and seeing if you get the same problem also try using a different connection, for example if you are using coax cable try using rca cable and vice versa. If connecting rca connections the input on your tv should be set to video-1. Also if you have a vcr or dvd player hook that up to see if you can get video from that. If you are able to get video then it is the dish network rec and honestly getting a service guy out wont fix the problem. Call dish network and they need to ra the unit. Ask for advance tech.
Hey, thanks for all the suggestons, I really appreciate it. I will try all of that stuff tonight and report back with how it turns out. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.