DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having DTV hooked up this wednesday. My biggest concern is that I was reading the book on the HR20 and it stated that I must have a phone line connected to the DVR to get the DVR service. I do not use a house phone and I will not get one. I know with dish they would allow me to not have the line connected, but for a $5 fee. Am I going to be able to use the DVR without my phone hooked up?

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called DTV and they told me that I will have a lot of problems with the DVR service w/o a phone line connected, is this true? I also asked if I have 30 days to cancel if I am not happy with the service w/o any penalties and the rep stated yes, I want to make sure this is the case also. Any help is appreciated.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
You might want to make sure they put a note in your account stating that they assured you there is a 30 day period in which you can cancel penalty-free. I guess I'm not really sure this is the case. Last I heard, that may have been the case for some special promotion. I think I've also heard maybe 7 days rather than 30.

Get them on the record for it - especially if they can send you an e-mail stating that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.