DBSTalk Forum banner

Dish TV on Windows Media Center

3541 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  ronnald
I've a new HP system with the 64-bit version of Vista Home Premium. It has a TV Tuner card. Device Manager identifies it as ViXS Pure TV-U 48B0 (NTSC/ATSC combo).

Can anyone tell me if I can view Dish Satellite TV signals from VIP 622 DVR TV1 or TV2 channel.

Vista Media Center setup for live TV appears to be looking for a set-top box signal on channel 2, 3 or 4 ; S Video 1 or 2; Composite Video 1 or 2.

The 622 Modulator puts out on "Air" channels 21-69, and on "Cable" channels 73-125.
Is there a solution ??
Thanks
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
basically no.

I've got dish and a media center, and you are far better off just getting the dish DVR and using that for the satallite and the media center for all things media center.

If they ever come out with hardware to get full HD into the media center then my answer will change (I love media center).
I've used Media Center and a couple extenders for a number of years before finally giving up and going with Dish and the 722. Same reasons as stated above and many other problems that frankly I just go tired of dealing with.

It's nice to be able to turn the DVR on and it just works. Didn't always work that way with MCE and MCX's.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.