DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
seen that ? what I should think ?
You should think "I don't know what I am talking about" if you don't understand the difference. :)

Hopper 2000 = original hopper - three physical satellite tuners, PTAT, ability to host Joey clients, Sling not built in.
Hopper w/Sling = 2nd generation hopper - same as above except Sling is built in.
Hopper 3 = 3rd generation hopper - sixteen physical satellite tuners, PTAT, ability to host Joey clients, Sling built in.
Hopper Duo = two tuner DVR with ability to host a Joey. (I wish DISH didn't call it a Hopper.)

Discussion starter · #22 ·
So after the trial , i found the picture quality really was poor in comparision to directv. The picture indeed was soft and i had to muck with the tv picture adjustments but no way around it, dish in my opinion just sucks. Switched back to directv not even 24 hours later. I did give dish a chance to fix it, had tech support look at it and we came to a mutual agreement to terminate service. I fortunately didn't have to pay the ETF so my trial was free and got a good deal to stick with directv. I wont be switching again. Its quite obvious who you should pay for if you care about picture quality.

You should think "I don't know what I am talking about" if you don't understand the difference
nope, perhaps you, if you memory disservice you now - I've used all of them, include making some HW mods decreasing overheating and maxize HDD storage... not counting a lot of my posts and pictures...
actually I expect clarification of models from other poster, not personal mentoring, duh … :facepalm:

The other poster's post was clear. Your reference to the Hopper 3 contained an error of your own creation.

may be …
if the company's "editor" would be more consistent and did think in favor of his customers, then he would made clear naming convention, then we could see and discuss simple names as H, H2 and H3, was it stupidity ?

DISH's names are sufficient. And now back to the real topic of the thread.

So after the trial , i found the picture quality really was poor in comparision to directv. The picture indeed was soft and i had to muck with the tv picture adjustments but no way around it, dish in my opinion just sucks. Switched back to directv not even 24 hours later. I did give dish a chance to fix it, had tech support look at it and we came to a mutual agreement to terminate service. I fortunately didn't have to pay the ETF so my trial was free and got a good deal to stick with directv. I wont be switching again. Its quite obvious who you should pay for if you care about picture quality.
Another case of trial and error only to realize the grass isn't greener.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Another case of trial and error only to realize the grass isn't greener.
Yes you are absolutely correct the grass was not greener matter of fact it was brown! I wont leave directv again but now i just have to live with the latter of the 2 deal with the bugs etc and hope they get fixed and just come up with work arounds thats where you guys help.

Well I'm glad to see an updated comparison. Wonder how 4k does? I have two 4k TVs and stream alot. The 4k content will show the warts and all even moreso than HD. Maybe I need to search elsewhere on these forums. But 4k is not mainstream yet so if HD is substandard compared to DTV the issue is almost moot.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.