DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that DishNetwork has NHL Center Ice, could NBA League Pass and more importantly NFL Sunday Ticket be too far behind? I hope not! I'd gladly shell out $150 for Sunday ticket, i'd even be willing to pay $200 to get all the games every weekend. Maybe they can even have one game a week broadcast on their HDPPV channel.

· Cool Member
19 Posts
I think I read on nfl.com that they were negociating with dish, dtv and digital cable about carrying the package next season. DTV's exclusive rights end after this season

Antonio

· Hall Of Fame
5,047 Posts
I hope Dish adds more sports programming in the future. :)
It's a year away, but I could see myself going to DirecTV if Dish Network doesn't get or share the NFL ticket. My cable cpmpany pretty much STINKS, so thats not an option.

NBA League Pass would be nice. :)

· Icon
720 Posts
Does anybody else find it a little fishy that chat after chat of Charlie bashing the sports contracts that all of the sudden they offer the NHL Center Ice package, and just 2 days later the merger is pretty much dead?? Is he doing this because he knows that he has to offer this ASAP if the merger is dead? NFL is another matter. However, I'm almost ok on the NFL. Everybody in Metro Detroit can get 1 extra distant Fox station for just $1.5/month. I was able to get 2. Unfortunately they couldn't budge on a CBS station which was what I really wanted. However, the Fox's along give me an extra 2 or so games a week. For $3/month, that's not bad.

· Icon
708 Posts
If Charlie eventually offers NFL Ticket it will put one last argument to bed, especially when you had add EPG overload by adding International Channels, Sky Angle & ExpressVu. Tivo clinging to life. If the merger fails, I expect *D to buy them. -opinion- UTV deader than a door nail.

P.S. I got to play with a Tivo this last week. How do you stop it from filling up the HD with mindless recordings based on what you watch? I went to add a timer and it said I needed to delete stored programs or some timers, both it set for me. Wish Lists?I would never use it. I also noticed when you set Wish Lists, Tivo dials out regardless of opt out. That's scarry...:ewww:

· Banned
6,970 Posts
yeah thats what I meant. :blush:

I personally find the game of Basketball Dull. The only thing I find interesting about Basketball is the 4th Quarter, its the only time the game is interesting.

Im so out of Basketball, I am not even sure if its called Quarters or Periods, etc. :D

· Hall Of Fame
1,227 Posts
Speaking of the NFL Sunday Ticket, there was an article about it in the Rocky Mountain News a few weeks ago. It basically said the contract with DircecTV is up this year and they are looking at options. But the one really good thing is Pat Bowlen said they are considering letting you buy individual games instead of having to but a whole week or the entire season.

Dennis

· Icon
720 Posts
But the one really good thing is Pat Bowlen said they are considering letting you buy individual games instead of having to but a whole week or the entire season.

Dennis [/B]

That is just details that will be up to the broadcaster(Dish, Direc, or cable monopoly). The negotiating with the NFL is the amount the broadcast er will pay the NFL per year. Bowlen is just speculating.

· Icon
524 Posts
Originally posted by rowdymon
Now that DishNetwork has NHL Center Ice, could NBA League Pass and more importantly NFL Sunday Ticket be too far behind? I hope not! I'd gladly shell out $150 for Sunday ticket, i'd even be willing to pay $200 to get all the games every weekend. Maybe they can even have one game a week broadcast on their HDPPV channel.
I`ll bet Charlie E. could buy the rights to NFL Ticket for around $600 Million .... Opps ... He is already obligated to send that amount to DirecTV soon, Oh Well :D ;) :lol:

· Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
actually, barry would be better than out of work steve...lol

· Icon
731 Posts
Unfortunately, I have read in several places that under the terms of the current NFL deal with the broadcast networks (FOX / CBS / ABC), the networks must approve any change in the NFL Sunday Ticket.

As the network are already complaining about losing revenue to ST, it would not surprise me if there are no changes to ST until the network contracts are renewed (2005?).

· New Texan
11,467 Posts
It's a issue that deals with the local stations. The stations get a certain number of commercial slots where they can sell local advertising. With the games on satellite TV, the local stations advertising does not get seen.

· Hall Of Fame
1,227 Posts
Ah, that makes sense. So just give them a cut of the money to make up for it.

I think they're missing out on a big market by not selling individual games. I live in Denver and I'm a Jets fan. There's no way I'll pay $150 for the whole package if I could get it, or even the $30 for one week. But I'd buy 8 games or so individually at $5 each, or I'd pay $50 for the season's worth of Jets games. The down side is they would lose some of the full package sales. It's hard to say how it would work out overall, but I know a lot of people who feel the same way I do.

Dennis

· Damn you woman!
5,205 Posts
I seriously doubt we'll ever see individual games or just team packages anytime soon. But look at it this way $180 for the package divided by 16 games is only $12 per week. Thats not too much money to watch your Jets a week.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.