DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Icon
Joined
·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone get the android app to work on the nexus 7? Anytime I try a live show it tunes into some radio station. So far have found nothing to watch dish content.
 
Joined
·
910 Posts
I have an Android phone and I can sling to my Hopper receiver using the Android application. Which application are you using and what is the version of the software? Are you getting an error message when you attempt to view Live TV? Are you able to see your DVR content? Please let me know. Thanks.

tcatdbs said:
Anyone get the android app to work on the nexus 7? Anytime I try a live show it tunes into some radio station. So far have found nothing to watch dish content.
 

· Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery
Joined
·
3,148 Posts
I have 4.1 on my Galaxy Nexus and I'm ok.
 

· Icon
Joined
·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Works fine on my Galaxy Player (GB), but not on the N7 (JB). I don't get an error message. The play screen comes up and music starts playing (like from a latino station), screen is black (all the controls are there). None of the controls do anything, other than the back key which takes me back to the guide. Same thing for any live show or recorded show. All the menus work fine from the guide screen, can see all the DVR show listings.

Epix app doesn't work either.

Maybe because no flash?

Ray [email protected] Network said:
I have an Android phone and I can sling to my Hopper receiver using the Android application. Which application are you using and what is the version of the software? Are you getting an error message when you attempt to view Live TV? Are you able to see your DVR content? Please let me know. Thanks.
 

· New Member
Joined
·
18 Posts
tcatdbs said:
Anyone get the android app to work on the nexus 7? Anytime I try a live show it tunes into some radio station. So far have found nothing to watch dish content.
Are we mixing up Dishonline with Sling? Sling works really well on my Nexus 7 great throughput (crap throughput on my Galaxy Nexus, always) however Android 4.0/Chrome and above don't support Flash so you will never get DishOnline to work unless you use a work around such as downloading an alternative browser that supports Flash.

:mad:

OK Dish, time to move along to HTML5 please.

:)
 

· Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery
Joined
·
3,148 Posts
Yup everything's working fine on the wife's Nexus 7. Tested it last night.
 

· Icon
Joined
·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
By "everything" do you mean the Dish Remote Access app, or that and Dish Online though a browser? My Remote Access app is REAL flaky, seems to stream "OK" (definitely not HD) at times, but usually will have a black screen and be playing a Sirius XM station (after selecting a DVR'ed show).

Dish Online works great on my PC! Sure would be nice to have access to THAT content on my Nexus 7.

I have Sling Adapter, not a Sling Box.

RasputinAXP said:
Yup everything's working fine on the wife's Nexus 7. Tested it last night.
 

· Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery
Joined
·
3,148 Posts
Sling adapter, on my Hopper, the Dish Remote app works great on my wife's Nexus 7. No streaming issues at all.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top