DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 722 and I'm looking into getting a Homeplug setup so I can use DishONLINE for additional programming offerings. What is available on DishONLINE and do they offer any free programming?

· Hall Of Fame
3,182 Posts
Ray_Clum said:
I've got a 722 and I'm looking into getting a Homeplug setup so I can use DishONLINE for additional programming offerings. What is available on DishONLINE and do they offer any free programming?
So far, there are movies and Adult offerings. There is a section entitled 'TV Entertainment', but there is nothing located there yet. So far there has been no free offerings.

· Hall Of Fame
2,294 Posts
Are you sure you can't run a wire to the 722? That would be the easiest most trouble free solution. I did homeplug the 622 to the 612 however the 622 is connected to wired ethernet. I just plugged in the cable and done.

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
garys said:
So far, there are movies and Adult offerings. There is a section entitled 'TV Entertainment', but there is nothing located there yet. So far there has been no free offerings.
I'm not holding my breath for free offerings. It's Dish Network.:sure:

· Super Moderator
54,219 Posts
Lots of free TV Entertainment under "TV Entertainment" on the DISH On Demand menu (22 events on my receiver, thanks to the Olympics).

I expect DishONLINE will have some free stuff.

· Hall Of Fame
3,182 Posts
James Long said:
Lots of free TV Entertainment under "TV Entertainment" on the DISH On Demand menu (22 events on my receiver, thanks to the Olympics).

There is also a "TV Entertainment" under the DishOnLine section as well, it has yet to have anything listed.

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
James Long said:

I agree. I just can't hold my breath that long....

Which is my way of saying a simple browser-like setup linking to existing free online content could be designed (using Mozilla) by a team of two 10-year-old's in a day. Even TiVo now provides access to YouTube.

· Hall Of Fame
2,294 Posts
Can you imagine how bad Youtube would look on a HDTV? Either a postage stamp sized image or huge pixel city.

Plus of course it would need to either decode flv's or be able to use the stereo and higher quality mp4 versions of the file.

For those that may be interested, YouTube is supplying the standard monaural audio flv and if you want to check for the mp4 stereo better quality audio you can start the regular video in Youtube, go to the address bar of the browser and append
&fmt=18
to the end and if there is a better quality version available it will play. There is a setting that a registered user can make that is supposed to play a better quality video by default, I do not remember what the steps are, sorry.

· Hall Of Fame
6,220 Posts
garys said:
On my 622 under 'TV Entertainment' there a bunch of PPV movies. I don't know if they're the same movies in the 500s.

· Hall Of Fame
3,182 Posts
Paul Secic said:
On my 622 under 'TV Entertainment' there a bunch of PPV movies. I don't know if they're the same movies in the 500s.
There are two differing "TV Entertainments". The first is under Dish On Demand, they have shows from various channels, currently a lot of Olympic moments; Best of different events and such. The second is under the Dish On Line section, there is currently nothing listed except for 'Coming Soon'. Neither TV Entertainments have movies.

· Icon
643 Posts
I just got Dish installed. I see nothing listed when I go to DVR - TV Entertainment. Where are you seeing the Olympic stuff?

I also see nothing on the Starz On-Demand channel.

· Super Moderator
54,219 Posts
Turn off your DVR at night (when not watching) and be patient. The TV Entertainment and movies load when your DVR is at rest.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.