DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Legend
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed after the software 6.12 was downloaded. Now the entertainment section shows some free programming now instead of coming soon. You have to hit download and it takes a few minutes to download and watch according to your internet speed. There is a travel on demand of the grand canyon. I have been there twice .

·
Hall Of Fame
15,561 Posts
clyde sauls said:
I noticed after the software 6.12 was downloaded. Now the entertainment section shows some free programming now instead of coming soon. You have to hit download and it takes a few minutes to download and watch according to your internet speed. There is a travel on demand of the grand canyon. I have been there twice .
Yes, finally we see evidence of some movement towards this.

What I'm really waiting for is a test of streaming web content on the ViP's. At that point, Dish Network will be able to offer current TV shows and web TV shows (such as Hulu offers) through the boxes onto your TV screen. There will be glitches, but a box that can record three streams while you're watching a recording should be able to handle it well.

·
Icon
506 Posts
I've seen this too.... They even have some HD offerings under the TV Entertainment, but they all looked like Olympics replays. I downloaded one, the other day before work... After 5 minute it still wasn't letting me play (I usually get something like 12mb/s down). But when i got home it was there and looked good. I'll try it again to see how long it takes before it lets me play it.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,837 Posts
They have been sending tv shows to this section for a very long time, at least, I know that my 625 used to get them all the time. Also, this has nothing to do with a broadband connection as I have all of these shows and my 722 is not hooked up the internet.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,286 Posts
They have been sending tv shows to this section for a very long time, at least, I know that my 625 used to get them all the time. Also, this has nothing to do with a broadband connection as I have all of these shows and my 722 is not hooked up the internet.
the shows will be there to order, but the receiver can't show them until it downloads them, and it has to have the broadband connection to do that. the 625 had Dish on Demand, but that's something different and does not need an internet connection. The 625 does not have dishonline

·
Legend
143 Posts
jclewter79 said:
The "TV Entertainment" you are referring to is the one under the DISH On Demand Menu.
The TV Entertainment that you can download from is under the DishONLINE Menu. There are currently over 350 selections. Mostly Olympics and Informational programming, but a few TV shows like "Ice Road Truckers" & "Gene Simmons Family Jewels".:(

I am currently downloading the Olympics Opening Ceremonies. It's 52 minutes and I've got over 9 hours more downloading to go before I can view it.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,837 Posts
puckwithahalo said:
the shows will be there to order, but the receiver can't show them until it downloads them, and it has to have the broadband connection to do that. the 625 had Dish on Demand, but that's something different and does not need an internet connection. The 625 does not have dishonline
Ah, ok I see the difference now.

·
Legend
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also noticed if your receiver is in dual mode the tv 2 keeps saying wait and doesnt play it but in single mode you can watch it on tv 2. Anyone else seeing this problem?

·
AllStar
66 Posts
Took 12 hours, but I viewed "My Favorite Martian" over the DishONLINE, but it worked just fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.