Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Founder
17,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are the bugs I have been observing since the upgrade:

1. When skipping forward or backward, sometimes the screen will blank out. Hitting the forward or back button brings the picture back.

2. While watching a recorded program, the Dishplayer reboots when another program begins to record. Doesn't happen all the time.

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
I have had a weird one that I have never had before.

This has now happened two times.

I turn on my TV and find I can not control my Dishplayer with my remote (or Dishplayer Keyboard)

I thought the problem was the remotes so I put new Battereis with both of them.

The only way to fix it that I have found is to pull the smartcard.

After that everything runs fine again.

I would be interested to know if this has happened to anyone else. Again this has not happened to me before.

·
Native American Potentate
8,308 Posts
No. 1 in Chris' list has happened to me before the upgrade.

I have not observed any problems since the upgrasde but it has not been tha tlong.

·
Icon/Supporter
1,227 Posts
Originally posted by Chris Blount
There are the bugs I have been observing since the upgrade:

1. When skipping forward or backward, sometimes the screen will blank out. Hitting the forward or back button brings the picture back.
This is the only one I've seen (of course, it was there before too). Is is reported that more bug fixes are coming.

http://www.dbsforums.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=14&t=002325

They are working on another release that is at least several months away but I was told that it has some more fixes ("lots of fixes") in it and is the re-branding release (from WebTV to MSN TV).
My Maxtor 80 started flaking out over the weekend. I grabbed a Western Digital 120 Gig for $150 (after rebates) at Circuit City and dropped it in without problems (BTW: the WebTV download is at 5709).

You still have to really appreciate the ease of Hard Drive swaps in the Dishplayer (hate to say it, but, thanks Microsoft). It's just a pity Echostar is so terrified of a customer with a screwdriver.

·
Legend
133 Posts
I had a glich when I left the program on pause for about 45 min. came back and all I had was a black screen. I hit play and I could hear the audio but no video. Tried all the PVR buttons then home and listing with no success. DP didn't respond to the power off button either. Power cord yank brought the DP back to its senses but I was pissed cause I missed the end of the movie. Other than the occasional reset when changing channels my DP has been behaving itself.

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
Hmm Larry it sounds like mine, except I did have video (Just the WebTV Screen saver bouncing around) yet the remotes would not work.

When I go to bed at night I usualy watch stuff I have recorded off my Dishplayer, so when I get up in the morning it is natural to have the screen saver going.

·
God Bless America!
2,534 Posts
I'm suprised how long the rebranding release is taking! What's so hard about swappig some logos and doing a search-and-replace to change every "WebTV" to "MSN TV"????

·
Founder
17,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've noticed another bug on both of my machines.

The unit will completely shut off for no reason but the light on the front panel will stay on. Pressing the power button on the remote or the front panel have no effect. The only way to regain control is to unplug the unit for around 30 seconds then plug it back in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.