DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DishPlayer 7200 was working fine until Jan 1st, 2002. The thing has gone crazy since then. I woke up on new years day to find I had no EPG data so I told it to retreive it. The box did this several more times in January and then the problem seemed to stop.

The main problem since the 1st is that every few days to a week the unit acts up. I will get a black screen that says "No Information" about every 2-5 seconds while trying to watch TV. I also get the "No Information" screen when I hit pause, rewind, or any other PTV feature although I can still watch recorded programs without a problem. PTV is unusable. I've talked to DISH about 6 or 8 times and they always run me through the same basic process that usually fixes the problem for a few days to a week. They always have me power the unit down and unplug it, remove and reinsert the smart card, do the check switch procedure again, and punch in some codes. I can't remember the exact order because each tech support rep has had me do something a little differently.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I might do with this thing? Other than throwing it in the yard and shooting it full of holes. :)

Thanks,
David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That's what I heard from other people. They have about the same problems. That's why I didn't buy this receiver yet. I'm still thinking about buying it thought. I'm going to wait for more replys from people who have DP, before I buy it.
Some people, who have the same problem, just sell their DP and buy PVR501.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The DP does not like guide changes. 1/1/02 was the dawn of new locals. may people had problems then. when I got my 61.5 dish it went nuts for a day. I am unsure if there is a connection but there seems to be one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.