DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Icon
2,962 Posts

· Super Moderator
54,197 Posts
hdtvfan0001 said:
So does Darth Vader get cute and giggly or does Mickey turn evil? :D
Vader becomes a replacement ref in ESPN/Disney's made for cable movie about the 2012 umpire strike. I feel a disturbance in the force ... 10 yard penalty.

Lucas sells out to the mouse ... it's a small world after all.

· Hall Of Fame
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In the conference call, Disney basically said they were leaving Lucasfilm alone. The employees would stay, the direction would stay, etc. Just like they did with Pixar.

Lucasfilm's Indiana Jones rights are included. Yet another studio is going to be contributing to Disney's kitty:

- Paramount has some of the Indiana Jones' rights. What they do will now contribute to Disney as well.
- Paramount's deal with Marvel for Spider-Man gives Disney money.
- Universal Studio's deal with Marvel for theme park rights give Disney money.

· Know Nothing
6,269 Posts
Lucasfilm's Indiana Jones rights are included.
Lemme guess.......

A future Jones exploration will discover that Micky and Minnie are Darth's grandparents?

Sounds pretty goofy to me.

· Hall Of Fame
16,178 Posts
I hope they don't go after Adywan...his fan edit of Empire Strikes Back is supposed to be released next year. He's been working on it for about 3 years I think.

Lucas says that most of the proceeds will be used for his philanthropic efforts.

· Godfather
447 Posts
fluffybear said:
Not sure if this was just a rumor but we were in Florida recently and someone had mentioned that Disney was going to take those tights back in order that they may use them in their parks
From what I have read from big Disney fans. They wish Disney could take back the characters, but Universal has perpetual Florida theme park rights to those Marvel characters as long as Universal continues to market attractions based on those characters.
There may or may not be additional characters Disney can use in Disney World, but that is unsure based on the Avengers ties. (FYI, They have/had an Avengers movie clad monorail, but it is not allowed to run the EPCOT route, because that monorail enter the boundary of a theme park )

But Universal no longer holds Marvel rights any where else (I think they let California expire) So the other Disneylands may get Marvel attractions.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.