DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
AllStar
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in LA, i get ALL (except PBS) channels 380-389 (SD, all 4 networks east/west via prior waivers)...i also get the West Coast Channel (4 networks) in High Def, shouldn't i also get in High Def the East Coast Networks of NBC, CBS, FOX, ABC ? :confused:

·
Banned
614 Posts
deecee98 said:
I live in LA, i get ALL (except PBS) channels 380-389 (SD, all 4 networks east/west via prior waivers)...i also get the West Coast Channel (4 networks) in High Def, shouldn't i also get in High Def the East Coast Networks of NBC, CBS, FOX, ABC ? :confused:
Check out the link below to find out if you can get both LA/NY or just one. You may have to pay for each channel authorized if you qualify.

http://directvdnseligibility.decisionmark.com/app/AddressForm.aspx

·
DBSTalk Club Member
311 Posts
No. The current satellite home viewers act prohibits you from receiveing "digital" DNS channels from more than one earlier time zone. Since the NYC channels are three time zones earlier, you can not get them. Analog SD channels are allowed if you received them before the act went into effect. You are gransfathered to receive 380, 382, 386 and 387, but not allowed to receive 80, 82, 86 and 88.

·
Banned
614 Posts
w6fxj said:
No. The current satellite home viewers act prohibits you from receiveing "digital" DNS channels from more than one earlier time zone. Since the NYC channels are three time zones earlier, you can not get them. Analog SD channels are allowed if you received them before the act went into effect. You are gransfathered to receive 380, 382, 386 and 387, but not allowed to receive 80, 82, 86 and 88.
Click on this link enter address data and it will specify if you can get LA/NY or both and if it will cost you extra...
http://directvdnseligibility.decisionmark.com/app/AddressForm.aspx

·
Legend
134 Posts
DTV sent letters to everyone about 2years ago saying that you can only have one city in HD. So W6FSJ is correct. It the rule or law or what ever. I was one of the people that had it and called DTV but they could not add them back. It goes by zipcode on what coast you get.

·
Banned
614 Posts
lostman72 said:
DTV sent letters to everyone about 2years ago saying that you can only have one city in HD. So W6FSJ is correct. It the rule or law or what ever. I was one of the people that had it and called DTV but they could not add them back. It goes by zipcode on what coast you get.
Those who had been getting both before the law change would be exempt and get both. When the law changes it takes effect on the day of law from that day forward, not retroactive.

It's strange they are still posting this website to find out and telling you can pay extra... so is the law you claiming a state by state law or Federal law?

·
AllStar
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cybrsurfer said:
Those who had been getting both before the law change would be exempt and get both. When the law changes it takes effect on the day of law from that day forward, not retroactive.

It's strange they are still posting this website to find out and telling you can pay extra... so is the law you claiming a state by state law or Federal law?
the link says i am NOT eligible for either - however, i was grandfathered into the SD East/West Coasts (and pay $2.25/network) yet i only get West Coast HD newtorks - would love to also have East coast DNS in HD

suggestion ? :confused:

·
Banned
614 Posts
deecee98 said:
the link says i am NOT eligible for either - however, i was grandfathered into the SD East/West Coasts (and pay $2.25/network) yet i only get West Coast HD newtorks - would love to also have East coast DNS in HD

Well it seems then that despite being grandfathered, they implemented the law retroactive and now you no longer have East feeds.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
237 Posts
deecee98 said:

Consider yourself lucky!!!

I too was grandfathered into Distant Networks. Had the same setup as you, all but HD NY feeds.

Then the bozos couldn't get my hr-20 working, so they turned off all of my service and reactivated it to get it going without telling me.

Then two weeks later when I lose DNS, they tell me my grandfathering ended when they shut off service.

Trust me if I didn't need Sunday Ticket that would have been the end of dtv for me.

·
Banned
614 Posts
grate88 said:
Consider yourself lucky!!!

I too was grandfathered into Distant Networks. Had the same setup as you, all but HD NY feeds.

Then the bozos couldn't get my hr-20 working, so they turned off all of my service and reactivated it to get it going without telling me.

Then two weeks later when I lose DNS, they tell me my grandfathering ended when they shut off service.

Trust me if I didn't need Sunday Ticket that would have been the end of dtv for me.
That was very sneaky of DirecTV to do that. I would fight them on it and make them give it back to you. Call retention and make an argument.

·
Banned
614 Posts
grate88 said:
They claim it's up to the FCC now....:nono2:
Sorry that they are making it so difficult for you.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
My understanding is that the rules are different for SD versus HD feeds anyway. I don't believe there is ANY way, grandfathered with both coasts SD feeds or not, to get HD DNS from both coasts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.