DBSTalk Forum banner

DMA Agreement

1061 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  MudMover
Other than calling the station and asking them...does anyone know where I can find out if Direct and the locals have an agreement yet? Is this something the FCC makes public?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
The only way is the direct way - contact the station, or wait until DirecTV turns them on.
The stations here have had agreements signed since the late '90's and Directv just told a reporter that they will not be able to add the stations until they can launch another satellite.
MudMover said:
Other than calling the station and asking them...does anyone know where I can find out if Direct and the locals have an agreement yet? Is this something the FCC makes public?
Mudmover, Huntsville DMA? If so see my rant.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=1657807#post1657807

BTW welcome, always good to see new members from the Tennessee Valley area.
leww37334 said:
Mudmover, Huntsville DMA? If so see my rant.

BTW welcome, always good to see new members from the Tennessee Valley area.
Yeah I'm in the H'ville DMA...I'm only a few miles from the WAFF transmitter in fact...however the dumbA$$es put the tower in a place where I'm in an RF shadow...and can't pick them up. Luckily they up'ped the power to 88kW lately...but not implemented yet.

I can catch everyone else OTA....Channel Master 4 Bay antenna is great!
freerein100 said:
The stations here have had agreements signed since the late '90's and Directv just told a reporter that they will not be able to add the stations until they can launch another satellite.
Lake Charles huh?

I went to Sulphur High School...and graduated from McNeese.

Mom and Dad can't get Direct TV locals...you have any luck?
MudMover said:
Lake Charles huh?

I went to Sulphur High School...and graduated from McNeese.

Mom and Dad can't get Direct TV locals...you have any luck?
It would not surprise me if Directv did not add the Lake Charles DMA until they are forced to do so. Dish however lists Lake Charles as a future market.
freerein100 said:
It would not surprise me if Directv did not add the Lake Charles DMA until they are forced to do so. Dish however lists Lake Charles as a future market.
Currently that's what they have....and HATE it!

But they switched to Dish following Rita....they couldn't get an D* installer out there to correct the dish pointing....Now I'm wishing they would have just waited on me to do it for them.

But all is not lost...He's got an omni up about 20 ft...and catches everything he wants.....well after I removed about 100 foot of lossy cable from under the house...climbing around in the remains of the Rita mud.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top