DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Cool Member/Supporter
38 Posts
Just curious...has your receiver been hooked up the whole month? Or, have you had any inclimate weather that may have possibly obstructed the dish? It may be possible that your receiver missed the deactivation hit. That has happened to me once for an entire weekend after dropping programming. If so, since the last card swap, it is just a matter of time until it gets hit again and the channels go bye-bye.

·
Legend
190 Posts
My receiver did the download last night but the DNS are still on. I still have the NBC, ABC and Fox NY and LA. But I didn't tell you that.:D

·
Hall Of Fame
1,673 Posts
I can see it now threads from satguys and dbstalk being entered into evidnce that E* has violated the injuntcion by not cutting of all DNS subbs.

I know human nature is to spread the word but if my DNS was still in I would not be telling any one about. That is just me though.

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
Shhhhhh! Don't ask, don't tell...someone may be watching. :eek:

·
Legend
184 Posts
boba said:
Becareful posting like that I may have to Email the NAB:lol: :lol: :lol:
I would say that NAB has been monitoring this and other forums for quite some time. I've seen posted that there are even some forum quotes in additional papers filed with the court yesterday. One forum is bragging that their now mentioned in the legal papers. I have no need for DNS myself but would recommend that those who still get them from E* keep it quiet.

·
Godfather
261 Posts
they got me boba fett.....I'm coming to your house for football!! and bring a few people with me, ok?

·
Cool Member
18 Posts
I am still on at 4:30 CST. Which I am glad! Dish is installing an antenna on 12/14. Anyone else had this done yet? My receiver is connected to a phone line and I have been curious as to why I still have distants?

·
Icon
913 Posts
Lost WCBS-HD, which I was receiving under Owned & Operated agreement for CBS-HD. I thought maybe that agreement would be separate from the distant networks deal. Apparently not. Darn, I liked having a choice of our midwest football games or the east coast game.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,804 Posts
My aunt's distant ABC channel from Chicago on 8490 is still on. I haven't heard of anyone else in her area saying their ABC was shut off either.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,804 Posts
BillJ said:
Lost WCBS-HD, which I was receiving under Owned & Operated agreement for CBS-HD. I thought maybe that agreement would be separate from the distant networks deal. Apparently not. Darn, I liked having a choice of our midwest football games or the east coast game.
Why is it E* never has offered east and west distant networks in HD?

D* has for a couple years now. They started out with just CBS and NBC I think then added Fox and ABC. Customers automatically get both SD and HD that qualify. However for some reason they cannot have both east and west in HD, just one or the other depending on where they live.

·
Super Moderator
53,093 Posts
Probably foresight. They lost the distants case in 2003 and have only been delaying the enevitable by continuing to fight (insead of accepting judgement or settling much earlier than September 2006).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.