DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When one receives the East and West coast DNS networks, are HD networks included?

If so, are the HD networks East or West coast feeds, or both? If only East or West, does one have a choice of East or West?

Adios, Dirk

·
Legend
330 Posts
I don't know what's "usual", but, when I got HD I already received (and had waivers for) both East (LA) and West (NY) feeds from my local stations and found I could NOT get them automatically in HIDEF.

I had to RE-APPLY to my local stations and get NEW waivers in order to get my National Feeds in HIDEF. Only ABC and FOX would grant waivers AND since I'm on the west coast, I can only get ABC and FOX (from LA) in HIDEF.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,918 Posts
If you qualify for HD distant networks, you will only qualify for one feed, either east or west.

If you live in the Mountain or Pacific Time Zones, you will receive your distant digital networks out of Los Angeles. The law allows for distant networks, but not from an earlier time zone. The New York distant digital networks are therefore off limits because of the law.

If you live in the Eastern or Central Time Zones, you will receive your distant digital networks from New York. I believe because the law had forced only one network feed for those in Mountain and Pacific Time Zones, that DirecTV's policy is to give only one feed of digital distants to the Eastern and Central Time Zones as well.

·
Legend
330 Posts
What I find insane is that since I already had waivers from my locals to get the East/West national feeds, why on earth did I have to get "new" waivers to get those same channels in HIDEF? I mean I don't really expect an answer ... just too much politics.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Greg Bimson said:
If you qualify for HD distant networks, you will only qualify for one feed, either east or west.

If you live in the Mountain or Pacific Time Zones, you will receive your distant digital networks out of Los Angeles. The law allows for distant networks, but not from an earlier time zone. The New York distant digital networks are therefore off limits because of the law.

If you live in the Eastern or Central Time Zones, you will receive your distant digital networks from New York. I believe because the law had forced only one network feed for those in Mountain and Pacific Time Zones, that DirecTV's policy is to give only one feed of digital distants to the Eastern and Central Time Zones as well.
Thanks, Greg

·
Mentor
34 Posts
Janice805 said:
I don't know what's "usual", but, when I got HD I already received (and had waivers for) both East (LA) and West (NY) feeds from my local stations and found I could NOT get them automatically in HIDEF.

I had to RE-APPLY to my local stations and get NEW waivers in order to get my National Feeds in HIDEF. Only ABC and FOX would grant waivers AND since I'm on the west coast, I can only get ABC and FOX (from LA) in HIDEF.
If your bill looks like this you should get SD over 380,382..etc. and HD on 80,82 and so on. Those HD channels are for east coast viewers and the odd ones for west coast.

11/12 12/11 Network: CBS HD Monthly 0.00

11/12 12/11 Network: FOX HD Monthly 0.00

11/12 12/11 Network: CBS from NYC/LA Monthly

11/12 12/11 Network: NBC from NYC/LA Monthly

11/12 12/11 Network: ABC from NYC/LA Monthly

11/12 12/11 Network: FOX from NYC/LA Monthly

11/12 12/11 Network: NBC HD Monthly 0.00

11/12 12/11 Network: ABC HD Monthly 0.00

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.