DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· AllStar
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is an exerpt from an e-mail I just got from DirecTV....

I will be losing my great New York CBS and Fox stations! Ayhhaa! :(

What This Means to You:
• Because your market area now receives local HD channels from DIRECTV, on October 24 we must remove the duplicate HD DNS feeds of ABC, NBC, CBS and/or FOX. These channels are found in the 80s or 390s ranges.
• There is nothing you need to do.
• There is no impact to your monthly bill.

· Hall Of Fame
4,992 Posts
I can only dream it was me being told that. I would love to get my locals. I only have NBC approved via waiver so far.

· Hall Of Fame
7,184 Posts
SeeD said:
Here is an exerpt from an e-mail I just got from DirecTV....

I will be losing my great New York CBS and Fox stations! Ayhhaa!

What This Means to You:
• Because your market area now receives local HD channels from DIRECTV, on October 24 we must remove the duplicate HD DNS feeds of ABC, NBC, CBS and/or FOX. These channels are found in the 80s or 390s ranges.
• There is nothing you need to do.
• There is no impact to your monthly bill.
We all knew the day would come when these services might go away. I had been notified I was to lose mine back in August but luckily did not. It has been nice having them but I am not about the shed a tear or start a war over losing them.

· Hall Of Fame
7,184 Posts
We all knew the day would come when these services might go away. I had been notified I was to lose mine back in August but luckily did not. It has been nice having them but I am not about the shed a tear or start a war over losing them.

· AllStar
76 Posts
fluffybear said:
Here is the date.
October 24 we must remove the duplicate HD DNS feeds of ABC, NBC, CBS and/or FOX.

· Godfather
475 Posts
I have had SD/HD DNS since summer 2004 (before the 04 Olympics), but have had HD LiL since 7/07 (when I moved - actually moved).

I understand that this fact may qualify me under one or more of the grandfathering provisions. Can anyone direct me to a script or other information I should tell D* to keep my HD DNS?

I also saw that this will not change my monthly bill. Right now I pay $1.99/network. If they take my DNS away, will I still have to pay the $7.96?

· Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
The grandfather provision says that your provider may choose to continue to provide DNS service, not that they must.

And from what others have posted, they are choosing not to grandfather customers.

· Éminence grise
8,457 Posts
paulman182 said:
The grandfather provision says that your provider may choose to continue to provide DNS service, not that they must.

And from what others have posted, they are choosing not to grandfather customers.
HD DNS are being removed. The grandfather rule only applies to SD DNS.

· Lifetime Achiever
28,927 Posts
EricRobins said:
I have had SD/HD DNS since summer 2004 (before the 04 Olympics), but have had HD LiL since 7/07 (when I moved - actually moved).

I understand that this fact may qualify me under one or more of the grandfathering provisions. Can anyone direct me to a script or other information I should tell D* to keep my HD DNS?

I also saw that this will not change my monthly bill. Right now I pay $1.99/network. If they take my DNS away, will I still have to pay the $7.96?
Actually, if you moved in July '07 then you are no longer grandfathered .. part of any grandfathering provisions meant that you couldn't change your address .. even if it was just next door. Consider yourself lucky that the DNS is still on your account.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.