Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks....

I have spent over one and a half hours on DNs web site trying to find the manual for the DP Plus 44 switch. If I owned the company I would call the web folks into my office and demo the stupid search function. The DN web site has driven me completely mad. I am going to check my self into a psych ward after typing this message.

Can someone post a link to the manual please? My deepest thanks.

Mraroid

·
Beware the Attack Basset
23,911 Posts
You couldn't find the manual because it doesn't exist. There is an "installation guide" as posted by retiredTech.

If there were numerous configurable parameters or it was expected that you would have to tinker with and troubleshoot it periodically, a manual might be in order. As it is, the expectation is that a "professional installer" will plug it in and it will work faithfully.

There may be some tip sheets and wiring solutions that are distributed to authorized dealers, but those typically aren't made available to the general public.

·
Legend
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks RetiredTech for the link. This was just what I was looking for.

Harsh.... On DNs web site, I once found the manual (install guide; what ever you want to call it; any document) for the DP34 switch. Call me dumb, but I needed that to understand the proper install. I thought it would be a cake walk to find the 44 Swithc manual on DNs site. If it is, I can not find it to save my life. I wish the search fuction on DN's site would let us type in the proper name of some hardware, and have it display a list docs on file. This is seriously broken. A shame.

mraroid

·
Beware the Attack Basset
23,911 Posts
mraroid said:
If it is, I can not find it to save my life.
McFly! Is there anybody in there? You won't find it because it isn't there!
I wish the search fuction on DN's site would let us type in the proper name of some hardware, and have it display a list docs on file. This is seriously broken. A shame.
Many of the multichannel providers are intentionally braindead with their website search feature. I regularly check the Dish Network site as well as the Comcast and DirecTV sites. They apparently want you to know only select things and they don't want anyone throwing evidence at them that hasn't been erased from their website yet.

Another place to start is hidden at the upper left of this page under the EKB logo. There's all sorts of cool information there including limited information about switch and LNB combinations.

·
Cool Member
9 Posts
Hope this helps...

QQuuiicckk FFaaccttss DISH Pro Plus 44 Switch
Contents subject to change without notice. Rev. 3/13/2006
EchoStar Technologies Corporation
Page 1 of 1
Highlights
• Provides reception from four orbital locations
• Provides four receiver outputs
• Legacy receivers do not need a DISH Pro Adapter
• Can trunk up to three switches together
• Works with DISH Pro LNBFs and switches
Description
The DISH Pro Plus 44 Switch features DISH Pro Plus Technology, LNBF inputs supporting four orbital locations, four receiver outputs, trunkable ports to connect additional switches, and a power inserter.
Features
• DISH Pro Plus (dual-tuner) receivers can be connected with a single-cable, when used with a DISH Pro Plus Separator.
• Provides four LNBF inputs for reception from up to four orbital locations.
• Supports connection of up to four satellite receivers.
• Supports a two-cable connection to DISH Pro Plus (dual-tuner) receivers, when not used with DP Plus Separators.
• Up to three DISH Pro or DISH Pro Plus switches can be “trunked” together to the right-side “To Additional Switch” output ports for additional receivers.
− If a DP34 switch is trunked to a DPP44, the DP34 will respond normally (it provides three orbital locations to the connected receivers, and dual-tuner receivers require two cables).
You cannot install a DP34 at all if a DPP Twin is used.
DISH Pro Plus (dual-tuner) receivers include:
• DISH 322
• DISH Player-DVR 522
• DISH Player-DVR 625
• DISH 721
• DISH Player-DVR 921
• DISH Player-DVR 942
• ViP622 DVR™
• Equivalent JVC and RCA models
Installation Information
This switch includes a power inserter which must be installed on receiver port 1.
For More Information
• DISH Pro Plus 44 Switch Installation Considerations
• DISH Pro Plus 44 Switch Installation Guide
Part Number
DP Plus 44 Switch Kit #129349
TM
IInnssttaallllaattiioonn DISH Pro Plus 44 Switch
CCoonnssiiddeerraattiioonnss
Contents subject to change without notice. Rev. 3/13/2006
EchoStar Technologies Corporation
Page 1 of 1
Basics
• Connect up to four orbital locations
• Trunk up to three switches together
• Power Insertion required on Port #1
• Compatible with DISH Pro LNBFs and switches
• Compatible with DP Plus Separator
• Compatible with legacy receivers, without needing a DP Adapter
LNBF/Switch Connectivity
• Switch provides inputs for up to four orbital locations.
– As with any switch, do not connect both 61.5° and 148°.
– For Legacy receivers, review the Installation Guide and the table below.
• The DP Plus 44 switch is compatible with all DISH Pro and DISH Pro Plus LNBFs.
– It is not compatible with legacy LNBFs/switches.
Receiver Connectivity
• Supports connection of up to four satellite receivers in any combination:
– Single-cable connection to DISH Pro Plus (dual-tuner) receivers, when each is used with a DP Plus Separator.
– Two-cable connection to DISH Pro Plus receivers, when not used with DP Plus Separators.
– Single-cable connection to DISH Pro receivers.
– Single-cable connection to Legacy receivers, without a DISH Pro Adapter.
Installation Notes
• DP Plus 44 Switch can be installed outdoors.
• Power insertion is required on port 1 of each DP Plus 44 switch.
• The Power Inserter and power supply must be installed indoors.
• Only approved high-current capacity diplexers may be placed between the power inserter and the switch. Review the DP/DP Plus Compatible Accessories List.
• Diplexers can be installed between the satellite receiver’s Satellite In ports and the Switch’s ports 2, 3, 4, or the Power Inserter’s “To Receiver Satellite In” port.
• A receiver is not required to be installed on port 1.
• As with all DISH Pro installations, cable and components between the LNBFs, switches, DP Plus Separator and receivers must be rated to 2150 MHZ and pass 22 KHz tone.
For More Information
• DISH Pro Plus 44 Switch Quick Facts
• DISH Pro Plus 44 Switch Installation Guide
Note: To be compatible with Legacy, DISH Pro, and DISH Pro Plus receivers, some restrictions on LNBF connections must be observed:
Switch “TO DISH” Ports
Receiver Models
1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, JVC D-VHS, 7100, 7200
Any DBS satellite on these ports (129 cannot be viewed by these receivers)
Not Supported
2800, 3900, 4900, 6000
119, 110
61.5, 148,
105, 121, 129
105, 121, 129
DISH Pro, DISH Pro Plus
No restrictions
LNB In To Switch
Ports Ports
To Receiver Ports
TM