DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AllStar
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to get Dish Network installed. Will they provide me with any component leads or HDMI leads? I presume not but just wanted to check before I went out and bought some new ones......

·
Hall Of Fame
3,055 Posts
This seems to vary from installer to installer. For the most part it seems that they will provide you with a component cable to hook up your HD set, but not a HDMI. Most users are going out and buying their own cable just to be safe. You can get HDMI cables really cheap from places like monoprice.com.

·
AllStar
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rob. Do you recommend any particular cable. I can see that I have a lot of options. 26 AWG, 24AWG, 22 AWG. Gold plated/not gold plated. With net jacket. etc....

·
Legend
221 Posts
gooders said:
Thanks Rob. Do you recommend any particular cable. I can see that I have a lot of options. 26 AWG, 24AWG, 22 AWG. Gold plated/not gold plated. With net jacket. etc....
For a short run (less than 15') it really doesn't matter because the signal is digital.

·
Godfather
430 Posts
gooders said:
I am about to get Dish Network installed. Will they provide me with any component leads or HDMI leads? I presume not but just wanted to check before I went out and bought some new ones......
My HDMI cable was furnished by the Dish network installer along with Componenet cables.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.