DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Godfather
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called DirecTV to find out when my commitment was up. At first I was, then told twice that I wasn't. Finally I demanded a supervisor that swore I am under NO commitment.

I'm not sure if they know how to check!!

I bought an HD-DVR (HR10) 8/2005 but I can't remember if it was a 1 year or 2 year. I was thinking (hoping) that it was still when they had a 1 year, but I don't know...

·
Hall Of Fame
1,137 Posts
8/2005 was when Directv switched from 1yr to 2yr for advanced receivers so depends on your day of activation so its gonna be sketical

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
adam1115 said:
Finally I demanded a supervisor that swore I am under NO commitment.
It's very possible that you had a one-year commitment on your HR10. If the supervisor insists you are done, I would ask that they put a note in your account to that effect so you don't get stuck later.

·
AllStar
97 Posts
Either you activated the HR10 prior to 8/1, or the CSR wasn't looking in the right spot; but if you activated the HR10 after 8/1/05, you're under a 2-year commitment (and a CSRs words have almost zero weight regarding commitment enforcement).

Nathan

·
Godfather
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gblues said:
Either you activated the HR10 prior to 8/1, or the CSR wasn't looking in the right spot; but if you activated the HR10 after 8/1/05, you're under a 2-year commitment (and a CSRs words have almost zero weight regarding commitment enforcement).

Nathan
First, it seems to me that if the CSR's can't figure it out and are giving out the wrong information are they really going to pursue this? It seems like its at the whim of the CSR, not set in some place in the system.

Second, it seems to may that if they are this disorganized about it, there is a good possibility that I bought it after they started doing the two year commitment but told me one year. I seriously remember it only being a one year.

FYI I ordered it 8/22/2005.

·
Godfather
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Called back, another rep and another supervisor told me no commitment.

Called Retention, they told me no, not under commitment. He said what was said here, that the two year started 8/1/2005. I explained that my HD-DVR was purchased 8/22, but that I was told 1 year. He said it should've been 2 year, but for some reason it isn't. He said if I cancel, the automated system will not charge me. Their policy is not to 'police' cancelled accounts, so if it isn't showing as under commitment and I cancelled they won't charge me.

YAY! ...

·
Banned
614 Posts
adam1115 said:
I called DirecTV to find out when my commitment was up. At first I was, then told twice that I wasn't. Finally I demanded a supervisor that swore I am under NO commitment.

I'm not sure if they know how to check!!

I bought an HD-DVR (HR10) 8/2005 but I can't remember if it was a 1 year or 2 year. I was thinking (hoping) that it was still when they had a 1 year, but I don't know...
Obviously DirecTV wants to keep you, and certain reps may be less then honest to keep you as a customer. If they think they can fool you why not? If you leave DirecTV now, and they work things out, then you'll have to sign back up again, probably with a extra fee since your a prior customer and not new. I don't think DirecTV wants people canceling and reactivating, on off , on off etc...

·
Banned
261 Posts
adam1115 said:
Called back, another rep and another supervisor told me no commitment.

Called Retention, they told me no, not under commitment. He said what was said here, that the two year started 8/1/2005. I explained that my HD-DVR was purchased 8/22, but that I was told 1 year. He said it should've been 2 year, but for some reason it isn't. He said if I cancel, the automated system will not charge me. Their policy is not to 'police' cancelled accounts, so if it isn't showing as under commitment and I cancelled they won't charge me.

YAY! ...
The actual start date for the 2 year commitments was 9/1/05.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.