DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need a BBC with Slimeline SL5 and HR34 receiver? Please. I have a Slimeline dish SL5 (4 outputs from the LNB) and I have a HR34 receiver. The HR-34 really needs a BBC to work with the SL5 LNB?

Other question: I configured the system to 18x20 dish and works fine, and I also have like 5 HD channels, that's normal? I mean the 18x20 dish doesn't receive HD right? Why I have HD with that configuration?
 

· "Jack Of All Trades, Master Of Some"
Joined
·
834 Posts
prietojc said:
Do I need a BBC with Slimeline SL5 and HR34 receiver? Please. I have a Slimeline dish SL5 (4 outputs from the LNB) and I have a HR34 receiver. The HR-34 really needs a BBC to work with the SL5 LNB?

Other question: I configured the system to 18x20 dish and works fine, and I also have like 5 HD channels, that's normal? I mean the 18x20 dish doesn't receive HD right? Why I have HD with that configuration?
HR34 is SWM only, so it doesn't use BBC's but you either need a different lnb or a swm multiswitch for it to work as a cable from that lnb straight to the receiver isn't going to work.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Godfather for you reply but when I try to configure the kind of dish in the settings I chose the SL5 option only, not the SL5S and the setup said that I need to connect a BBC. I think that BBCs were use only in H20 and older receiver, not in the newer ones.
 

· "Jack Of All Trades, Master Of Some"
Joined
·
834 Posts
prietojc said:
Thanks Godfather for you reply but when I try to configure the kind of dish in the settings I chose the SL5 option only, not the SL5S and the setup said that I need to connect a BBC. I think that BBCs were use only in H20 and older receiver, not in the newer ones.
HR34 is swm(single wire multiswitch) only.... nothing in the settings is going to change that
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
16,178 Posts
You need either an LNB SWM (which isn't a 5, it's a 3), or an external SWM 8 for 8 tuners or 16.

Solid Signal has them. Where did you get the Genie from?

What is your full setup?

If you have another box, and hit dash on the remote, what does it say for SWM?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
11,428 Posts
prietojc said:
Thanks Godfather for you reply but when I try to configure the kind of dish in the settings I chose the SL5 option only, not the SL5S and the setup said that I need to connect a BBC. I think that BBCs were use only in H20 and older receiver, not in the newer ones.
Sounds like a bug in the code, on the HR34/HR44/H25 if you choose SL5 it should force you to choose a SWM switch in the second dropdown. If it tells you you need a BBC then it is a bug from Directv running the same dish selection code on all the HD receivers.
 

· Beware the Attack Basset
Joined
·
26,539 Posts
dpeters11 said:
You need either an LNB SWM (which isn't a 5, it's a 3)
The SL5S is a 5 slot SWiM enabled LNB assembly. They've been around since before the SL3 and they are REQUIRED to receive everything that is part of most DIRECTV subscriptions.

The TS needs to re-read mexican-bum's posts until they sink in.

No amount of wishing, reasoning or menu diving is going to change how the Genie (or the H25) tunes.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, my setep is the following:
Dish: slimeline SL5 (4 outputs, LNB with 4 outputs)
receiver: HR-34/200

So the BBC that the system ask is just a bug in the firmware?
I need to buy a SWM LNB, it's mandatory?

Thanks all
 

· Banned
Joined
·
5,343 Posts
prietojc said:
Ok, my setep is the following:
Dish: slimeline SL5 (4 outputs, LNB with 4 outputs)
receiver: HR-34/200

So the BBC that the system ask is just a bug in the firmware?
I need to buy a SWM LNB, it's mandatory?

Thanks all
Yep, you Must have a Swm lnb, or swm 8 multiswitch.
HR34,44, and H25 requires Swm.

You have a Legacy LNB.
This will not work.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
10,062 Posts
prietojc said:
So, can anyone can explained to me how can I get HD channels on that legacy LNB with 18x20 configuration? That's weard he?
No way to get HD on the 18 x 20 dish.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
5,343 Posts
jimmie57 said:
No way to get HD on the 18 x 20 dish.
Actually it is possible, and I've tried it , but the signals are very weak on 99 and 103, best I could get is 63 on the nicest sunny clear day.
Any cloud cover results in micro blocking and drop outs.
And the lnb, doesn't really fit right on the arm either.

Not worth the trouble.
Here, everything you need.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/260527905739?nav=SEARCH
 

· Banned
Joined
·
5,343 Posts
Because you need SWM.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
5,343 Posts
prietojc said:
but I have the slimeline disch with the SL5 but in the setting is configured as 18x20 dish (only 101, 110 and 119) not HD sats, hot could I get like 5 HD channels?
What HD channels?
Spanish?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
12,607 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top