DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· AllStar
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get the call last night from my dad pissed about some message on his tv, I go over and it says I am supposed to call a number to see about an upgrade because his channels may be getting moved.

They have the Portuguese luso package and the have a current setup of 110/118/119 and a second dish pointed at 61.5 I am thinking that the receiver is using the feed on the 61.5 and once that gets cut off it will use the feed of the 118 since I read on here that most foreign channels are getting moved to 118. At that point I was going to aim the 61.5 to 129 so they will get the hd's channels they are missing.

Hopefully some one on here can tell me if this is the case, I rather not have to call Dish, phone csr tend to not be very knowledgeable in anything beyond turning stuff on and off.

Luso package info is here, Thank you
http://www.dishnetwork.com/international/Portuguese/default.aspx?Region=european&lang=Portuguese

· Godfather/Supporter
2,029 Posts
No. They will need to be pointed to the 118 satellite to get that programming.

Four satellites can be done by the way, so there is no need to miss the HD programming on 129. Dish will do this for free for current customers having their programming moved. No need for anyone to be Pissed, times change.... :)

· EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
eclipsetrb, I agree with your assessment. The LNB you're going to point to 129 can be added to their Dish 500+ with a mounting bracket, allowing them to take down the second dish.

· AllStar
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I did just realize one other thing. The reason why they also have the 61.5 is because of locals. We live in the washington dc market so I think I may end up having to call dish anyways and have them do an all new ea install with a single dish pointed to the 118 so they get the foreign.

Dad is like 65 and a construction worker, doesn't take much to piss him off lol

· Hall Of Fame
5,581 Posts
Yes you will need eastern arc if locals are on 61.5 the feed from your existing dish 500+ can be added to the 1000.4 so it will be seamless. You will probably lose the 61.5 dish and a 1000.4 will be mounted in it's place giving you access to all existing channels plus the missing HD. Just call DISH and get the date set.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.