DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Cool Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have 3 RF remotes for my 510 and will be upgrading to the VIP-622. I’ve used the additional RF remotes to control the 510 from other rooms, and was just hoping to also use them on the VIP-622. Does anyone know if they will work?

· Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
The "platinum" remotes for a 5xx receiver are "Old UHF" and won't operate TV2 becuase it is "UHF Pro" only. They will operate TV1 via IR, but that rules out "other rooms" (I can't find my platinum to verify if ALL functions work IR). You will need UHF Pro remotes for distant rooms. You'll find them pretty cheap on eBay. The 622 comes with a version 6.3 UHF Pro remote. A 6.2 or 6.3 UHF Pro are a little special in that they can generate "Old UHF" in the Aux position so it can control a 622 in Sat mode and the 510 in Aux mode if that helps you any. Those two versions are also able to control TV1 via UHF with some changes to switch below the TV1/TV2 key. Other versions (6.0 / 8.0) of a UHF Pro remote would work to control TV2 of the 622 "remotely", but they can't generate Old UHF or control TV1 of the 622.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.