DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
AllStar
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have the Premier Pack (all RSNs) and I've noticed that old baseball games are blacked out. I'm planning on getting the Extra Innings package, and was wondering if after I do that, will those old games still be blacked out?

·
Godfather
513 Posts
AquiringSat said:
alright then... that makes my decision a lil more difficult, because MLB.tv offers archives.
If you are a picture quality snob (I am) then Extra Innings is the only way to go. I wish MLB would go with the NBA and NFL models and include the streaming content with the TV package.

·
AllStar
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HGuardian said:
If you are a picture quality snob (I am) then Extra Innings is the only way to go. I wish MLB would go with the NBA and NFL models and include the streaming content with the TV package.
I am also a PQ Snob :lol: I will probably go with EI, I'll just have to really put this HR34 to work in April!

·
Icon
631 Posts
I live in the Boston area and SNY(mets) is always blacked out of old games and highlight shows but YES( Yankees) often isn't blacked out.

PS MLB EI on DirecTV is great. You almost always get both teams telecasts in HD.
Funny you're in PHX I always watch the D'Backs games when I can.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,224 Posts
"HGuardian" said:
Agreed. Really dumb the NHL or MLB don't. I sub to MLB EI, then have to buy At Bat every year for the phone, then if I want to watch online I have to buy MLB.TV too. So essentially pay 3 fees to watch what I've already paid Directv AND MLB for.

·
AllStar
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Boston_bill;2945582 Funny you're in PHX I always watch the D'Backs games when I can.[/QUOTE said:
haha, Sweet! We have pretty good broadcasters here and I love my D♦Backs :D But, I gotta see my Mets play too! As well as pretty much every other team!

·
AllStar
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
zimm7778 said:
Agreed. Really dumb the NHL or MLB don't. I sub to MLB EI, then have to buy At Bat every year for the phone, then if I want to watch online I have to buy MLB.TV too. So essentially pay 3 fees to watch what I've already paid Directv AND MLB for.
I got a Sling Box, it's expensive at first, but it's only a one time fee

·
AllStar
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn't like Gracie that much when I first heard him, but then I met him at a Scottsdale Steakhouse and after a few brewskies he had me laughing like crazy! He's a Good Guy, you just have to get used to him.

Sorry I got off Topic:D

·
Legend
162 Posts
Boston_bill said:
I live in the Boston area and SNY(mets) is always blacked out of old games and highlight shows but YES( Yankees) often isn't blacked out.

PS MLB EI on DirecTV is great. You almost always get both teams telecasts in HD.
Funny you're in PHX I always watch the D'Backs games when I can.
Same for me. I live in the DC area, the Mets,Indians and Red Sox old games are blacked out. But I can get the Yankee games on Yes. Also when the Reds show old games on FSN Cincy I can get those black out free. I've never tried to watch anyone else's old games. So I don't know if those are blacked out or not.
I concur that EI is terrific. I love watching all the teams broadcasts. There are number of announcing teams that are very good and I will watch them over the Reds(my favorite team) most of the time. But there are some I avoid because they are just hideous to listen and watch.
Also Joe Garagiola does a few games for the Diamondbacks. I love catching the games he does as it takes me back to the days when he did the Game of the Week on NBC.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.