DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Godfather
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering with the price increases, if it would be the same price for me to have the premier package if they waive any of the extra DVR fees, etc. Right now I have:

Choice Extra
Sports Pack
Total Home
2 DVRs
Regular HD pack (which is credited off with paperless billing)

For those with 2 DVRs and the Premier pack what is your final price? Mine right now is around $111, but I still have some promotional pricing built in.

· AllStar
92 Posts
I have had the Premier Package for about a year now and am seriously considering backing down to a lower package. It used to be a good deal, but is quickly not becoming so.

· Cool Member
22 Posts
I have been going to downgrade for awhile now. They offered me 30 off for six months,so I kept it. Recently that six months was up and they offered me 30 off for six months again. I guess I will downgrade when they quit offering discounts.

· Legend
147 Posts
totalconfusion said:
I have been going to downgrade for awhile now. They offered me 30 off for six months,so I kept it. Recently that six months was up and they offered me 30 off for six months again. I guess I will downgrade when they quit offering discounts.
Yes, this is pretty easy to get. I have been getting $20 off a month for the last year and a half. Maybe I will have to try for $30 next time.

Just ask to drop your programming from Premier to another package and they will transfer you to probably the same department as the retention department. Then just mention you would be willing to keep Premier if anything could be done to lower the cost a bit.

· Legend
162 Posts
totalconfusion said:
That's exactly what I have been doing. After my first year with DTV I called to downgrade a level from Premier. They gave me $30 off for six months. That six months just ended this month. I called last week to downgrade and once again they gave me $30 off for six months. I suspect as long as I pay on time and continue to be a good customer they will keep giving me this discount. If not I will down grade because these movie packages are no big deal to me.

· Hall Of Fame
1,743 Posts
fsquid said:
thanks guys. What does the Premier Package come out to after fees and taxes and no credits?
Currently it is $114.99 and as of Feb 9 that price will go to $119.99 before fees and taxes.

· Hall Of Fame
3,585 Posts
So your price will be

Premier $120
HD Access $10
DVR Service $7
Mirror Fee for second DVR $6
Whole Home Service $3

For a total of $146. Add any taxes and subtract any discounts you get from that numebr to figure out your approx cost.

· Go Pack Go!!!!
2,808 Posts
joed32 said:
They used to waive the DVR fee but not any more.
We went thru this two years ago with that price increase....and some grandfathered premier (not TiVo lifetime) subs claimed to even get a letter saying the $0 DVR fee was done, which it turned out was not the case.

I just received an email response from DTV....they confirmed my Grandfathered Premier remains at $0.00 after the new pricing takes effect Feb. 9, 2012. They also indicated "your DVR Service continues at no cost unless your PREMIER or DVR receiver is disconnected.

Great news again.

Thanks DirecTV! I will keep Premier programming and not downgrade to a lower tier.

· Go Pack Go!!!!
2,808 Posts
Beerstalker said:
So your price will be

Premier $120
HD Access $10
DVR Service $7
Mirror Fee for second DVR $6
Whole Home Service $3

For a total of $146. Add any taxes and subtract any discounts you get from that numebr to figure out your approx cost.
DVR Service $8 not $7 after the increase...so $147 I believe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.