DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Icon
715 Posts
I couldn't survive if I just had Dish and wanted sports. I'd have to hide sharp objects :). I have both. I have DirecTV for the MLB, NFL & NBA packages plus the TC package which gets me my 2 local RSN's, local channels and WCBS, WNBC and WABC out of New York.

On Dish, I have the supers, LA locals, WCBS, WABC and my 2 latest additions of WBBM and KMGH for just sports. I only have Dish now for what DirecTV doesn't have now for sports. As someone's sig is around here "If it ain't sports then it ain't on my TV" or something like that. :) That would be me too.

"IF" the 2 companies MERGE together then the only thing I would like is and hope is that Charlie implements the same features with DirecTV like the supers and my choice of network feeds to choose from, but I do wish Phoenix was in the mix though.

·
Icon/Supporter
873 Posts
Although I enjoy watching sports (and my Yankee games), I don't think I would switch from Dish to DirecTV. If I had DirecTV I don't think I would ever subscrible to MLB Extra Innings anyway.

·
Legend
217 Posts
I subbed to the MLBEI and thought it was a downer for me. Why? The only baseball games I really watched were the Chicago Cubs and the White Sox (I found out later that I was in those teams home market areas, so I could get those games without the sports package anyways) and the Los Angeles Dodgers (basically so I can watch the Scully broadcasts).

·
Godfather
423 Posts
There's plenty of sports on Dish. Take baseball for example, where I am through various packages, I get Mariners, Angels, Braves, Cubs, White Sox, Yankees(CBS waiver), Mets and Rockies plus all replays on RSN's, ESPN and it's Alt. games, that for me is plenty. IMO, most people who subscribe to sports packages do so to watch a specific team that they could not see any other way.

Quoted from Mike:
As someone's sig is around here "If it ain't sports then it ain't on my TV" or something like that.
I resemble that remark. :)

·
Godfather
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I enjoy sports, and the reason I'm asking this question is whether I have become addicted to sports because of having DTV and the MLB EI and the NBA LP. The rest of my family likes Dish Network's 150 package. They don't want to switch over to DTV. I like Dish also. I was hoping that Dish would have picked up YES. That would have satisfied me for baseball. If Dish would pick up the AOL NBA channel, I would get enough NBA games next fall, but I just have a hunch that Ergen won't spring for this one either. Right now I get the Mets and Pirates on the RSNs, the Rockies and Mets on the supers, the Cubs (& White Sox) and Braves on WGN and WTBS respectively, and the 20 OTA Yankee games on WB38, and about 50 Phillies games on UPN57 and my local Fox. Then we have the added games on ESPN. It's just too costly having both Dish and DTV. It's a silly problem, but I don't know what to do.

·
New Texan
11,465 Posts
I'm a closet Kings fan (but who isn't in Sacramento these days outside of the State capital). The Kings games are carried on either on one of the Fox Sports alternate channels or, when it was added to Dish on January 1st, KMAX-31.

·
Mentor
34 Posts
i am a sports nut and i have dish. i wouldn`t waste my money on the packages on dtv. i am a homer. new york rangers, mets , jets and knicks. also since the first of the year i get to watch the replays of games the next afternoon. it use to be even the replays were blacked out. but no more. also if i were a yanke fan i might have to switch but i am not so i stay with dish

·
Icon
778 Posts
I have Dish and get plenty of MLB with the Supers, WCBS,
Fox Sports South, Turner South, ESPN and the conclusion of
at least one or two games every night on "blacked out"
RSN's. I also watch some college football and the NFL.
Dish has more than enough for me.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Im not big into sports but I am a big fan of NASCAR and the NFL.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.