DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Godfather
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have to have an HD programming pack to get HD locals?

Right now I just want the HD locals through Dish but not thier HD programming lineup. Can you have the HD locals without the others?

I see with the 622 receiver that they charge you an extra fee for the extra TV you COULD hook it up to. What if you have absolutely no intention of ever hooking it up to another TV? You still have to pay that fee?

·
Premium Member
21,657 Posts
If you lease a 622 you either have to subscribe to BronzeHD or higher OR pay a $6 HD enabling fee. I can't say 100%, but it sounds to me like you could then just pay for locals and pay the $6 fee... but their may be a requirement for Bronze HD in some lease agreements anyway.

If you buy a 622 the rules may vary, but I can't speak to those points...

Dish does not charge an extra fee to connect to a 2nd TV. They will charge you a $5 fee on dual tuner receivers (like the 622) if you do not connect them to a phone line... but you can run it in single or dual mode regardless of that connection/fee.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,180 Posts
archer75 said:
On thier website when building a system they charge a $6 fee for a 2nd receiver. Even though the only one i'm getting is the 622.
It could be the leased receiver fee. If you lease and do not have any other receivers, they will charge you $6 for the 622.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,990 Posts
If you lease a VIP receiver, you MUST subscribe to at least the HD Bronze pack.

If you buy a VIP receiver, you may have it enabled, but there is an EXTRA monthly HD enabling fee for not subscribing to the HD Bronze Pack minimum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.