DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· AllStar
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What taxes do you pay on Directv if you live in SC? Sales tax, satellite tax? Can you check your bill?

I moved from NC to SC and have not updated my billing address yet, but wanted to know if I would save a few bucks (like $5 in tax every month) changing it to SC since NC charges a satellite tax?

Also, I know I will lose MASN...any other channels I will lose? From Zip code 28227 to 29710.

· Godfather
325 Posts
koko said:
What taxes do you pay on Directv if you live in SC? Sales tax, satellite tax? Can you check your bill?

I moved from NC to SC and have not updated my billing address yet, but wanted to know if I would save a few bucks (like $5 in tax every month) changing it to SC since NC charges a satellite tax?

Also, I know I will lose MASN...any other channels I will lose? From Zip code 28227 to 29710.
There is only sales tax, no satellite tax. Not sure about the channels for you zip code.

And welcome to South Carolina! :D

Nice avatar too.

· AllStar
53 Posts
No you pay tax on satellite here in SC. Oh and as far as billing address I don't think it matters its your service address.Thank God its not FL I think they have the highest sat tax like 13%...and if you get HD locals from NC where your at don't bother updating if Columbia is your local area HD is not available

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.