DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Mentor
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an HR20-700.

Frequently, (5%) I will be watching a show and somewhere in the middle of the show the DVR will just stop and ask if I want to delete it.

The green bar shows as if the show completely recorded, but once I get that message I have no choice but to delete.

Any work around or fix for this?

· Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,882 Posts
Possible it lost signal at that point and never got it back.
I have seen this during a bad rain fade event or loss of power. If it came back in time you might find the rest of the program in a separate recording. Do you have your DVR on a UPS to prevent it from rebooting in a short power loss? People have solved similar issues by just getting a cheap UPS. Even a $30 unit is good enough to keep the DVR going for 5 minutes or so, plenty in areas that have frequent brownouts.

When you get the delete prompt you can hit the RRW button to back up so you can do something other then delete it. If you start the program over and FFW does it stop at the same point?

· Mentor
46 Posts
It's not rain fade. I had the Emmy Awards scheduled to record tonight here in sunny CA. Noticed the record light wasn't on after the show's start time, so I tuned to the channel and pressed "record". Trying to view the recording returned the "delete or not" option. Trying to pause or skip back the live broadcast did nothing. Took a red-button reboot to fix things.

Yep, these DVRs fail 5% of the time for me too. Always annoying, even if it's "just TV."

· Hall Of Fame
1,493 Posts
gatorbait2 said:
It is on a UPS and happens way to frequently in all kinds of weather for me to think it is losing signal.

Yes if I rewind or start over it always fails at the same point.
Can you post some of your signal strengths? (post the chart format see bwlow)

Sat 99a

1-8 99 98 99 97 100 100 96 95
9-16 99 98 99 97 100 100 96 95

· Mentor
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
krock918316 said:
Can you post some of your signal strengths? (post the chart format see bwlow)

Sat 99a

1-8 99 98 99 97 100 100 96 95
9-16 99 98 99 97 100 100 96 95
Really? I guess I can when I am home.

There are two other DVR's in the home that don't see this problem. Really doubt it is signal strength.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.