DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· 1*
9,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can say is that was an awesome episode. I can't wait until the one-hour specials next year. I kept trying to guess what was going to happen and couldn't.

Wow! Wow! and Wow!

- Merg

· Hall Of Fame
1,131 Posts
I agree, it was a good season ender, however, compared to last week, I found it fairly anti-climactic... and I'm sorry to see Donna go, she was a great companion.

Nice way to get rid of the double Doctor, though.

· Registered
14,213 Posts
I made a point to watch last week's episode again prior to the conclusion, and taken together, the conclusion really stood up. I thought there were just so many great things in this episode, and it was really great to see Mickey and Jackie again.

There was a lot of humor too, with the two funniest lines focusing on Jack. When he saw two Doctors with DoctorDonna: "You reallly have no idea the thoughts in my head." :lol: And when he was pumping the Tardis controls, Donna told him he was the best, no one could do it as well as he. :lol:

Sadly, the biggest surprise to me was that Donna had to give up companion status - that came as a total surprise! I really enjoyed Donna's conversations with the Doctor more than the other companions, and only hope the next companion holds up. Time to find a new companion... :(

One thing threw me - Dalekcaan said his prophecy was still true and one would still die, so I was looking for a death during the episode. Instead, it wasn't until today that I realized the Dalekcaan was just talking about how Human-Doctor was not immortal and would grow old and eventually die. At least he'll have Rose...

· Icon
748 Posts
Drew2k said:
Sadly, the biggest surprise to me was that Donna had to give up companion status - that came as a total surprise! I really enjoyed Donna's conversations with the Doctor more than the other companions, and only hope the next companion holds up. Time to find a new companion... :(

One thing threw me - Dalekcaan said his prophecy was still true and one would still die, so I was looking for a death during the episode. Instead, it wasn't until today that I realized the Dalekcaan was just talking about how Human-Doctor was not immortal and would grow old and eventually die. At least he'll have Rose...
Or perhaps Dalek Caan meant that Donna's memories had to die. Donna's body and old memories survived but DoctorDonna had to die.

· Icon
695 Posts
It was a very good ending. I liked the way it actually ended!

So many possibilities to the prediction of who was gonna "die". I forget the word used, but it wasn't actually die, was it.

They didn't need the whole 90 minutes though. The ending after the ending was so boring, my son didn't realize it was still part of the show and left the room.

· Registered
14,213 Posts
jkane said:
It was a very good ending. I liked the way it actually ended!

So many possibilities to the prediction of who was gonna "die". I forget the word used, but it wasn't actually die, was it.
It was something like, "A life will end." If you consider that it could be the Human Doctor, who may grow old gracefully, then the prediction comes true. :)

· Premium Member
21,658 Posts
Drew2k said:
It was something like, "A life will end." If you consider that it could be the Human Doctor, who may grow old gracefully, then the prediction comes true. :)
The problem I've had with that interpretation is... that the prophecy should have been "all of the doctor's companions will die" or at least "most will die" since pretty much everyone but perhaps Jack is definately mortal.

I lean more to the "death" of Donna's recent memories, and a return to the person she was before meeting the doctor rather than the stronger person she had become.

· Icon
748 Posts
From TV.com "Journey's End Quotes" http://www.tv.com/doctor-who-2005/journeys-end-2/episode/1208330/trivia.html#quotes

(Rose sees the deformed and insane Dalek Caan)
Rose: What is that thing?
The Doctor: You've met before. The last of the Cult of Skaro, but it flew into the Time War unprotected.
Davros: Caan did more than that. He saw time, its infinite complexity and majesty raging through his mind. And he saw you, both of you.
Dalek Caan: This I have foreseen, in the wild, in the wind. The Doctor will be here as witness to the end of everything. The Doctor and his precious children of time. (laughs manically) And one of them will die.

(As the Crucible begins to explode)
Doctor: Davros, come with me! I promise I can save you!
Davros: Never forget Doctor! You did this! I name you, forever! You are the Destroyer, of Worlds! (Flames engulf him)
Dalek Caan: (To the Doctor) One will still die!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.