DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· AllStar
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any idea what kind of bandwidth this content is being sent to
requestors? From the posts I've seen so far it must be a pretty good pipe. Just
wondering how it may be when they start making significant volumes of HD available....

· Hall Of Fame
1,333 Posts
davring said:
I have never seen it exceed 3mbps, some have reported faster speeds. It varies.
I have seen transfer rates above 5 Mbps, but keep in mind that depends on a lot more than DirecTV's bandwidth. Bandwidth end-to-end is dependent on the segment between DirecTV's content and you with the lowest available bandwidth. For instance, if your ISP has lousy connections out to different parts of the internet, you could have a 20Mbps downstream connection and not see anything close to even 2 Mbps. If your ISP has a number of effective links, you might be able to max out a 5 Mbps connection.

· AllStar
88 Posts
gregjones said:
I have seen transfer rates above 5 Mbps, but keep in mind that depends on a lot more than DirecTV's bandwidth. Bandwidth end-to-end is dependent on the segment between DirecTV's content and you with the lowest available bandwidth. For instance, if your ISP has lousy connections out to different parts of the internet, you could have a 20Mbps downstream connection and not see anything close to even 2 Mbps. If your ISP has a number of effective links, you might be able to max out a 5 Mbps connection.
how are you seeing the speeds your dvr gets?

· Mentor
34 Posts
MountainMan10 said:
I am using dd-wrt on a Linksys 310N router to display the download speeds. I have seen the DVR peek as high as 10 megabit, but mostly it averages around 4-5 with peaks around 7 and valleys around 2.
I'm also using DD-WRT which displays a realtime bandwidth graph. Mine mostly averages around 5-6 Mbit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.