DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Legend
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to reset the HR20 this afternoon because it would not respond to the remote control. When I went into the program guide to set up a recording, most of the channels I receive did not have any data in the program guide. When I indexed forward, the problem only got worse.

A second reset within the past hour produced no improvement.

I have had this DVR for several weeks now and I have never noticed this phenomena following a reset.

Is this something new with the new 11/15 download or has it been there all along and I am just now seeing it?

· Legend
159 Posts
Leftcoastdave said:
I had to reset the HR20 this afternoon because it would not respond to the remote control. When I went into the program guide to set up a recording, most of the channels I receive did not have any data in the program guide. When I indexed forward, the problem only got worse.

A second reset within the past hour produced no improvement.

I have had this DVR for several weeks now and I have never noticed this phenomena following a reset.

Is this something new with the new 11/15 download or has it been there all along and I am just now seeing it?
It does erase the guide data when you reset. It's always been that way.

· Legend
152 Posts
Anytime you do a red button reset, the guide data is lost. It is stored in memory which wipes when you do a reset. It has been that way wtih every DTV receiver since the beginning. The next 14 days should populate in about 24 hrs.

2 Posts
Im having the same problem after reset with the guide not repopulating the programming.

Trust me, After 24 hours I have absolutely nothing in my guide. I have no idea what to do.

To be clear, after reset I have the guide updated through about the next 3 hours post reset. After that I have nothing. 24 hours later I have nothing but the words " regularly scheduled programming" or something similar.

At that point I can reset again to get 3 hours of guide but then were talking about the same stupid scenario all over.

· Legend
182 Posts
kind of a strange way to fix it, but trust me, it works...

1. remove both sat in cables
2 reset
3. wait for it to begin "acquiring guide info" then reconnect the sat in cables..

this will generally, in not so many words...kick start the process. It worked on all of my D* receivers, even the TiVo receivers..

· Registered
4,880 Posts
john18 said:
I turned off the power button one night to put the unit in standby after a reset and that seemed to populate the guide faster. Then again my perception could be wrong.
It most likely does populate faster since the HR20 can devote more processor time to indexing the guide when it is not in use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.