DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mentor
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has already been asked / answered - but I was curious if activating a Genie Client would extend my contract?

I know for most, they get a new Genie with a bunch of clients which extends the contract - but if lets say I wanted to add an additional client in my house a year after I got a Genie - does my contract extend an additional 2 years?

It looks like from the TOS, the Genie Mini Client counts as an "advanced receiver" and not a standard receiver. Kind of funny considering the Mini Clients probably are a lot less advanced in terms of hardware than a normal satellite receiver.

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
Sure, it adds a new 24 month commitment

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
however adding an TV RVU client does not, but both carry the same $6.00 a month monthly fee

·
Mentor
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it - so if I wanted to add a Genie Mini client I'd have to find an "owned" one to get out of the commitment - if there is such a thing.

Might be cheaper to buy an owned H25 :)

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
LiQiCE said:
Got it - so if I wanted to add a Genie Mini client I'd have to find an "owned" one to get out of the commitment - if there is such a thing.
Yup. or buy a new RVU TV

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
dpeters11 said:
"Advanced" doesn't really have the same definition to DirecTV as we do. I think an R16 is advanced being a DVR, as is an H20 being HD.
:righton: +1

·
RF Engineer
4,324 Posts
dpeters11 said:
"Advanced" doesn't really have the same definition to DirecTV as we do. I think an R16 is advanced being a DVR, as is an H20 being HD.
Most of the DirecTV daffynitions don't mean much. For example, an R22 is a "standard definition DVR". In reality, it's an HR21 HD DVR with a different nameplate on the front.

Recently, to further confuse customers they decided to hide charges that customers might question. As a result, "HD fee" and "whole home fee" are no longer included in the DirecTV vocabulary. Instead, they were replaced with "Advanced receiver fee" which included the "DVR fee" and also cleverly increased the "whole home" price by $2 for customers who signed up after 2-9-12.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.