DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Icon
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 HD DVRs with WHDVR service. I was thinking about adding an HD receiver but I would like to have media share at that outlet. Will it work or do I have to have the DVR for Media Share?

·
Hall Of Fame
8,071 Posts
LI-SVT said:
I have 2 HD DVRs with WHDVR service. I was thinking about adding an HD receiver but I would like to have media share at that outlet. Will it work or do I have to have the DVR for Media Share?
Yep, supposed to for the H21 and above.

From the DIRECTV Answer Center:

http://support.directv.com/app/answ...need-to-network-my-directv-receiver-to-my-pc?

What do I need to network my DIRECTV receiver to my PC?
To network your DIRECTV system to your computer, you'll need:

A DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR, DIRECTV Plus® DVR (R22 model only) or DIRECTV® HD (models H21 and above)
A computer enabled with media sharing software
Router
Ethernet cables (self-install only)
And of course DECA with a CCK installed will suffice for ethernet.

·
Icon
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HoTat2 said:
Yep, supposed to for the H21 and above.

From the DIRECTV Answer Center:

http://support.directv.com/app/answ...need-to-network-my-directv-receiver-to-my-pc?

And of course DECA with a CCK installed will suffice for ethernet.
Thanks for the feedback. I found that also on their web site, but in other places there it says an HD DVR is required.

As far as the beta, yeah I wish they would beef up some of the features. It does suit me fine since the videos we watch via Media Share are already a compatible MPEG 2 format.

Can anyone with an HD non DVR chime in with a thumbs up or thumbs down for Media Share?

·
Legend
302 Posts
LI-SVT said:
Can anyone with an HD non DVR chime in with a thumbs up or thumbs down for Media Share?
Works fine on both my H24-100 and H25-700.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.