DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have an HR20-100 and an HR22-100. Earlier this evening both receivers came on at the same time. We didn't turn them on they just came on. Our first thought was that they were taking some sort of upgrade. But they normally don't take upgrades at the same time. They were on for some time and then went off--again we didn't turn them off. I checked to see if an upgrade had been taken and according to the information on the receivers no upgrades had been taken at all! Does any one have any ideas as to why this happened?

·
Registered
14,514 Posts
Sorry Dolly - no ideas what it could have been. My receivers have been on all night so I wouldn't have noticed anyway if the lights suddenly came on... they were on to begin with.

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
Take a look in the "Top Movies" folder, if you look at the bottom of the program discriptions it says when they were recorded. Maybe they were pushing a movie to your DVR while they were in standby?

·
Banned
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RAD said:
Take a look in the "Top Movies" folder, if you look at the bottom of the program discriptions it says when they were recorded. Maybe they were pushing a movie to your DVR while they were in standby?
Sorry I don't know what you mean by "Top Movies" folder? And why would D* be pushing a movie to our receivers? Anyway all I know that happened was the profiles in the Game Lounge were wiped out and had to be retrieved. That's no big deal to do. So I guess no harm, no foul?

EDIT: I figured out that you were talking about the On Demand movies. We can't use On Demand so I had never paid any attention to it. But I checked the time the movies were recorded and none of them fit the time our receivers were on. So I don't know what was going on :shrug:

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
Dolly said:
And why would D* be pushing a movie to our receivers?
D*'s been pushing content to their DVR's for many years, it's not something new since they've always reserved part of the harddrive space for their usage. What they've been pushing lately is up to 10 HD 1080p PPV movies that are thought to be the most popular, allowing customers to view them to start at certain times. Kind of a way to have movies on demand like cable and the telco's can offer.

·
Super Moderator
42,754 Posts
Dolly said:
Sorry I don't know what you mean by "Top Movies" folder? And why would D* be pushing a movie to our receivers? Anyway all I know that happened was the profiles in the Game Lounge were wiped out and had to be retrieved. That's no big deal to do. So I guess no harm, no foul?

EDIT: I figured out that you were talking about the On Demand movies. We can't use On Demand so I had never paid any attention to it. But I checked the time the movies were recorded and none of them fit the time our receivers were on. So I don't know what was going on :shrug:
I think there must be a full moon. :lol:
Around the same time yours "did its thing", one of mine, along with another member's, lost HDMI output. Turned mine on and nothing, had to reboot the box and it's been fine since. :scratchin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.