DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AllStar
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so then how and why? What is the difference between a bookmark and a tick mark or pausing in a certain spot to come back to it later?

·
Icon
731 Posts
No. Don't even know how acutally. I more often use the skip to tick feature.. jumping ahead 15 minutes. If you STOP the program.. no matter how... it always starts up later where you left off. On all shows... regardless of how many shows you have watched just portions of. I love that feature.

·
Legend
146 Posts
Yes I use them. Not often but there is a great use for them. There is my wife, our recently divorced best friend roommate and myself. I might be at a point in a show that I can't finish it - I can bookmark it and come back to it later.

I actually miss the Exit and Stop functions for recorded shows working differently. If you have multiple viewers in the household it was great - Stop would rewind to beginning and Exit would Pause at your point.

Only feature I miss from Tivo (besides obvious dual tuners) is that within 5 mminutes of the end of a recorded show hitting List brought up the delete option and if you choose No it rewound to beginning. Hate having to FF.

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08
4,107 Posts
Bookmarks Are Great! Here are two uses:

* Two of you are watching. One needs to leave. Bookmark the spot for them.
* Bookmark a key play or scene to show someone else.

For tips for using bookmarks see The UNOFFICIAL HR-20 Tips & Tricks:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=67933

- Craig

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Milominderbinder2 said:
Bookmarks Are Great! Here are two uses:

* Two of you are watching. One needs to leave. Bookmark the spot for them.
* Bookmark a key play or scene to show someone else.

- Craig
I use them for those exact reasons. It's a nice feature to have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.