DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is what i was offered today. I am a 11 year customer of directv. I have 1 hddvr and 2 standard dvrs. i also have a hddvr that is not activated right now.

i called wanting the hr34. i talked to teh retention dept and they told me they will give me a hr34 for free. and charge 200 in install the hr34 move the hddvr to a dif tv and activate my unactivated dvr.

what i want is this all done for 100 the same cost they would charge a new customer.

so am i out of line in asking for this price or do you think i could get it done if i try calling back again. let me know your thoughts.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well another call did the trick. They are coming on Thursday to install the HR34, relocate a hr22 and activate a hr21 that in not currentally active. so that gives me 9 shows record at 1 time in i understand. They are then installing the whole home system, installing a swm and installing the cinema media kit.
i got it all for 100 bucks.
100 bucks for the HR34
free instalation
and a free cinema kit.

sucks that i had to sign a 2 year contract but i will have a very nice system now :)

·
Hall Of Fame
3,905 Posts
tada1096 said:
well another call did the trick. They are coming on Thursday to install the HR34, relocate a hr22 and activate a hr21 that in not currentally active. so that gives me 9 shows record at 1 time in i understand. They are then installing the whole home system, installing a swm and installing the cinema media kit.
i got it all for 100 bucks.
100 bucks for the HR34
free instalation
and a free cinema kit.

sucks that i had to sign a 2 year contract but i will have a very nice system now :)
Now I would agree you probably got the best deal you could get. If your not going to change providers, why worry about a 2 yr commitment. That's a fair tradeoff and I would do the same if I really wanted an HR34.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that is correct i have no plans on changing from directv. and i was very appreciative of the deal they gave me, talked to a great service guy too. but its always better to not be under contract than to be under one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.