DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· AllStar
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they did from 2002-2007, and that they renewed for the 2007-2008 season, but was that a multi-year deal or will we have to wait until right before the season starts in October to find out if they will renew again? I'm just trying to get all my ducks in a row before switching from cable and having CI is a must before I do so.

· Hall Of Fame
3,041 Posts
jyafink said:
I know they did from 2002-2007, and that they renewed for the 2007-2008 season, but was that a multi-year deal or will we have to wait until right before the season starts in October to find out if they will renew again? I'm just trying to get all my ducks in a row before switching from cable and having CI is a must before I do so.
Yes, D* has a deal in place with NHL Center Ice

· AllStar
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you say for how long or at least if it's for the next two seasons? Also, I was going to post the same thing about MLS Direct Kick so if you can answer anything about that one too I'd appreciate it. Those are the two I've been subscribing to for many years with cable and couldn't live without them. DirecTV seems to be the one that cares the most about sports, and you seem to be the top dog on this site when it comes to sports subscription info, so anything you can say would be very helpful and just may very well be the thing that finalizes my decision to pick up the phone and call DirecTV. Thank you!

· Hall Of Fame
3,041 Posts
jyafink said:
Can you say for how long or at least if it's for the next two seasons? Also, I was going to post the same thing about MLS Direct Kick so if you can answer anything about that one too I'd appreciate it. Those are the two I've been subscribing to for many years with cable and couldn't live without them. DirecTV seems to be the one that cares the most about sports, and you seem to be the top dog on this site when it comes to sports subscription info, so anything you can say would be very helpful and just may very well be the thing that finalizes my decision to pick up the phone and call DirecTV. Thank you!
I feel very comfortable saying NHL Center Ice will be with D* for the foreseeable future. It's a solid partnership. Same goes for MLS. You shouldn't have to worry about either one.

· Hall Of Fame
6,035 Posts
Any news, Satelliteracer, on the Canadian HD feeds for next season?

· Hall Of Fame
6,035 Posts
I saw that as good news, but no idea is its related. I don't know if the Rogers HD feed of Blue Jays games has anything to do with TSN HD and CBC HD feeds. I think Rogers does carry the Canucks and Oilers games, though.

· Godfather
252 Posts
THere are four regional SportsNets.

SNET PACIFIC had ~20 Canucks games in HD last season
SNET WEST had ~14 Oilers and ~14 Flames games in HD last year
SNET ONTARIO had 20-25 Leafs games in HD
SNET EAST had ~14 Senators games in HD

I would expect a higher % of games in HD on SNET this upcoming season.

LEAFTV had 10 or so Leafs games in HD
RDS had 82 Habs games in HD

That is basically it for regional games in HD in Canada last season.

This upcoming year TSN will have 70 games all involving Canadian teams with "the vast majority in high definition".

Most weeks CBC will have 2 games in HD of course involving at least one Canadian team.

NHL 2008-09 REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE IS RELEASED THIS WEDNESDAY (JULY 16)

· Icon
514 Posts
Satelliteracer said:
No news that I'm aware of.
I hope, by not reading anything into this, it means just that. "No news that I'm aware of."

I remain confident that Satelliteracer's post doesn't mean that it won't happen, only that he is not aware of it.

My fingers are still crossed for NHL Center Ice Canadian HD feeds this season.

· Legend
119 Posts
Oilfan said:
THere are four regional SportsNets.

SNET PACIFIC had ~20 Canucks games in HD last season
SNET WEST had ~14 Oilers and ~14 Flames games in HD last year
SNET ONTARIO had 20-25 Leafs games in HD
SNET EAST had ~14 Senators games in HD

I would expect a higher % of games in HD on SNET this upcoming season.

LEAFTV had 10 or so Leafs games in HD
RDS had 82 Habs games in HD

That is basically it for regional games in HD in Canada last season.

This upcoming year TSN will have 70 games all involving Canadian teams with "the vast majority in high definition".

Most weeks CBC will have 2 games in HD of course involving at least one Canadian team.

NHL 2008-09 REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE IS RELEASED THIS WEDNESDAY (JULY 16)
We're hearing Thursday according to the local paper:

http://buffalonews.typepad.com/sabres/2008/07/the-skinny-on-t.html

A couple of details should come out on Wednesday, but Thursday looks to be the official day.

· Legend
119 Posts
bosco10021 said:
I hope, by not reading anything into this, it means just that. "No news that I'm aware of."

I remain confident that Satelliteracer's post doesn't mean that it won't happen, only that he is not aware of it.

My fingers are still crossed for NHL Center Ice Canadian HD feeds this season.
I agree. The one thing I miss is seeing Hockey Night in Canada here in Buffalo. I grew up with HNIC, since my parents had cable. When I switched to DirecTV this was one of the things I missed the most, especially since I haven't been able to justify to the wife getting the Center Ice Package :nono2:

· Legend
162 Posts
admiral39 said:
I agree. The one thing I miss is seeing Hockey Night in Canada here in Buffalo. I grew up with HNIC, since my parents had cable. When I switched to DirecTV this was one of the things I missed the most, especially since I haven't been able to justify to the wife getting the Center Ice Package :nono2:
If you sub to the very very basic time warner cable, like I do, you will get ctv and cbc on channels 15 and 17. That is the way I add HNIC to my Dish package. It costs me about $7 a month. However I do get CI package too, whereas my canadian wife would go bonkers if she couldn't see her leafs lose every night:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.