DBSTalk Forum banner

Does DirecTV have an HD preview/demo channel?

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  syphix 
#1 ·
Or in other words, is there a DirecTV channel I can tune to just to see what HD looks like on my HDTV without actually having to subscribe to an HD channel or package?

#6 ·
Dish has one at "I think it's 5170" and I have found it useful during equipment setup before activation.

With DirecTV it's more like a switch that gets thrown when you order HD at $9.99.

It's odd to have DirecTV HD equipment and not the HD service,Maybe they should add some kind of HD test channel.:)

#8 ·
Patrick G. said:
I have an HD box.
If you have a Legacy (MPEG2) receiver or HR10-250, you would not be able to receive the MPEG4 signal anyway - the equipment would not support it.

If you have current MPEG4 equipment and a compatible dish, but are not paying the HD Access fee, then you would also be unable to view the new HD signals.

What model receiver and dish do you have?

#9 ·
JLucPicard said:
If you have a Legacy (MPEG2) receiver or HR10-250, you would not be able to receive the MPEG4 signal anyway - the equipment would not support it.

If you have current MPEG4 equipment and a compatible dish, but are not paying the HD Access fee, then you would also be unable to view the new HD signals.

What model receiver and dish do you have?
With an ant in range of signal, he could get OTA HD with the HR10-250

#13 ·
FlBillsfan said:
With an ant in range of signal, he could get OTA HD with the HR10-250
Which has absolutely nothing to do with DirecTV having a preview/demo channel like he was asking about, and which my post was addressing.

Now, if he was just looking to see ANYTHING HD, and not what DirecTV has to offer in HD via the satellite (which is how I interpretted his question), then you are correct.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.