DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have SD Dish network and pay 110.00$ a month and have for 2 years and 3 months, I don't have contract with them anymore. Do you think I'd be able to get them to wave all the fees associated with the switch if I threaten to switch to DTV or say I'll sign a new 2 year contract? I've paid them alot of money in my 2+ years with them, you'd think they'd wave all those fees.

· Super Moderator
54,194 Posts
What fees do you want waived? Are you considering an upgrade or are you just looking for a cash bonus for staying with what you have?

9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I currently have 2 boxes, both standard def, 1 a DVR. I'm looking to upgrade to 1 HD DVR. I'm looking to get the like 150.00$ fee to upgrade or whatnot.

· Hall Of Fame
1,837 Posts
I guess the answer is yes, they can budge but, that is up to them. To have your best chance go ahaed and schedule an install with D* they are giving away free HD DVR's right now. Then call E* to have your account shut the midnight before your install date. When they ask why tell them nicely that you found a better deal elsewhere. When you are connected to the person that cancel an account, explain to them NICELY why you are cancelling, they will in turn make you an offer to stay if it is deemed that you are a customer worth keeping. Just remember to be very NICE, you will get more flies with honey than with vinegar.

· Premium Member
21,658 Posts
Asking Dish never hurts, but try not to expect. Lots of folks want "loyalty discounts" but only when it suits them. Take, for example, your employer... if you work the same job for 2 years will you take less pay (so your employer gets a loyalty discount for employing you all those years)?

Asking sometimes gets... but expecting leads to disappointment, sometimes unnecessarily.

· Mentor
38 Posts
kayy911 said:
Ya I currently have 2 boxes, both standard def, 1 a DVR. I'm looking to upgrade to 1 HD DVR. I'm looking to get the like 150.00$ fee to upgrade or whatnot.
Yes, they will budge but usually involve a 2 year commitment to give you what you want. If you do not plan to go to FIOS/Cable,etc.. it may be worth it... and after 18 months, it is only 60 to cancel.. it is prorated 10 a month... of your commitment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.