DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Icon
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Dish have something similar to the AM21 to get OTA locals? And if i were to order Dish with HD what reciever would I get? I have D* and am just curious about what Dish has to offer. Also I have one D* reciever and have it connected to 2 tvs to watch it in another room, can you do that with DN?

· Godfather
316 Posts
cmtar said:
Does Dish have something similar to the AM21 to get OTA locals? And if i were to order Dish with HD what reciever would I get? I have D* and am just curious about what Dish has to offer. Also I have one D* reciever and have it connected to 2 tvs to watch it in another room, can you do that with DN?
You would most likely get a VIP722. It does not need an add on OTA tuner. It is built in. Yes you can feed 2 TV's with one VIP722 or 622 for that matter but the second TV will not be HD.

· Hall Of Fame
1,815 Posts
I think he meant a second feed of the single HD output., i.e. using HDMI for one TV and component for the other. DirecTV tuner boxes do not support separate dual outputs from the two tuners.

· Hall Of Fame
1,837 Posts
The 622 has a built in OTA tuner also. You can hook up 2 HDTV's off of the TV 1 outputs (one HDMI, one component) but, they will both view the same channel at the same time. The TV2 output can view a different channel as TV 1 but, will only put out 480p though coax.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.