DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
53,483 Posts
There are trade offs. Some people like getting NFL RedZone without buying an expensive NFL package.
 

·
Godfather/Supporter
Joined
·
2,033 Posts
It may be a deal breaker for you, if so get Direct TV. Just as James posted, I am thrilled to be able to get the NFL Zone without getting the whole NFL package. I am happy to get the Superstations no one else offers. I watch EuroNews daily without getting a whole international package, Can't do that most other providers. I watch BBCA often, in HD. Can't do that with Direct TV.

Point being, each provider offers what it does. It's up to you to pick who best fits.
 

·
Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery
Joined
·
3,148 Posts
Yes, they really don't have it. My 4 and 2 year old kids don't seem to care. Disney Channel and Nick Jr provide more than enough programming for them that I have to turn it off.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
4,792 Posts
RasputinAXP said:
Yes, they really don't have it. My 4 and 2 year old kids don't seem to care. Disney Channel and Nick Jr provide more than enough programming for them that I have to turn it off.
Ain't that the truth!.;)

My grandkids made the transition to different programming with no problems.:D
 

·
Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery
Joined
·
3,148 Posts
My kids transition to new shows every 3 months anyway, so it's really just a tossup whether I'm going to have to set a new timer or not...
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,474 Posts
Waay back when, when I was deciding between DirecTV and Dish, I figured that regular PBS + a DVR = PBS Kids. The name has changed to Sprout, but the equation still works.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FTA Michael said:
Waay back when, when I was deciding between DirecTV and Dish, I figured that regular PBS + a DVR = PBS Kids. The name has changed to Sprout, but the equation still works.
then you get 1/8th of what is actually on sprout.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
629 Posts
I didn't realize there was such a lack of kids channels, but I guess I must be in error. You check out DISHs page on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/dish?sk=wall&filter=1

and 99% of the posts are parents/kids whining about DISNEY JR., and when DISH is going to add it...like the earth will stop spinning if they don't. I'm inclined to think that the posts are a concerted effort by DISNEY to coerce DISH into paying big $$$$ to resolve their HD dispute.

Any of you think DISNEY JR is apt to find a way on DISH without a dispute resolution?
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
maybe because kids want to watch disney? just a thought. my kid loves mickey mouse club.

levibluewa said:
I didn't realize there was such a lack of kids channels, but I guess I must be in error. You check out DISHs page on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/dish?sk=wall&filter=1

and 99% of the posts are parents/kids whining about DISNEY JR., and when DISH is going to add it...like the earth will stop spinning if they don't. I'm inclined to think that the posts are a concerted effort by DISNEY to coerce DISH into paying big $$$$ to resolve their HD dispute.

Any of you think DISNEY JR is apt to find a way on DISH without a dispute resolution?
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top